Unnamed Roman Site - Hammered & Roman Silver...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field came to the top of the target list because for the first time in many years it had a good 12" turn. Very unusual for modern farming & it was so deep it turn up some natural gravels & clay.
2nd dig Cru'dad dug a Hammered, normally the Kiss of Death but we took this as a very good sign of things to follow.
We hoped for a Roman Silver but it wasn't until my journey OTWBTTC that I got one. It was a very long way from the site & no-where near any other Roman finds, strange how this happens after gridding nearly a acre on the main area without one!

5 Hours;

35 Roman Coins
Medieval Heraldic Stud
Medieval Lead Trade Weight (the sort of big items we like to see come up from depth, as I would normally get these at 10")
Medieval Buckle
Roman Child Ring made from a broken Bracelet
Half of a Roman Steel-yard Balance Arm (laying on top of the ground)
Hammered of Ed I
Roman Denarius of Sept Sev
(we think)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Upvote 27

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field came to the top of the target list because for the first time in many years it had a good 12" turn. Very unusual for modern farming & it was so deep it turn up some natural gravels & clay.
2nd dig Cru'dad dug a Hammered, normally the Kiss of Death but we took this as a very good sign of things to follow.
We hoped for a Roman Silver but it wasn't until my journey OTWBTTC that I got one. It was a very long way from the site & no-where near any other Roman finds, strange how this happens after gridding nearly a acre on the main area without one!

5 Hours;

35 Roman Coins
Medieval Heraldic Stud
Medieval Lead Trade Weight (the sort of big items we like to see come up from depth, as I would normally get these at 10")
Medieval Buckle
Hammered of Ed I
(we think)

View attachment 2052262 View attachment 2052263 View attachment 2052264 View attachment 2052265 View attachment 2052266
Outstanding!!! Congrats!!!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

5 Hours;

35 Roman Coins
Medieval Heraldic Stud
Medieval Buckle
Hammered of Ed I
(we think)

View attachment 2052262 View attachment 2052263 View attachment 2052264 View attachment 2052265 View attachment 2052266
Congrats on the amazing relics and hammered silvers!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

5 Hours;

35 Roman Coins
Medieval Heraldic Stud
Medieval Buckle
Hammered of Ed I
(we think)

Nice digs! Have you been there before? Sounds like you were keeping an eye on it. 35 coins sounds like a lot. What would the site have been used for?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs! Have you been there before? Sounds like you were keeping an eye on it. 35 coins sounds like a lot. What would the site have been used for?
We have done it for many years, but had cleared off all the surface finds & yes we were waiting for a deep plough.
Its a Roman Homestead, so farming, growing crops.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

5 Hours;

35 Roman Coins
Medieval Heraldic Stud
Medieval Buckle
Hammered of Ed I
(we think)

Awesome finds as always. Congratulations

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Post
It must be so so rewarding to have the privilege to walk those beautiful historic areas

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

5 Hours;

35 Roman Coins
Medieval Heraldic Stud
Medieval Buckle
Hammered of Ed I
(we think)

Site with no name....produced some great finds...that bottom right silver looks weighty... spectacular...and OTWBTTC to boot...nice way to end a hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread