Unusual Clad Find Has Me Stumped

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug what appeared to be three clad quarters in the same hole stuck together from being in the ground. They actually were stuck together with some kind of glue. After separating the coins I realized it was two clad quarters and part of another one all with holes drilled into them. I have no idea what someone was trying to do with these coins. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1196 (2).JPG
    IMG_1196 (2).JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    750.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    701.9 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 14

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug what appeared to be three clad quarters in the same hole stuck together from being in the ground. They actually were stuck together with some kind of glue. After separating the coins I realized it was two clad quarters and part of another one all with holes drilled into them. I have no idea what someone was trying to do with these coins. Any ideas?
Very Odd😳

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
Fishing line thru the hole and old school "phishing" the pop machine?

PastorBillV

Jul 7, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The size of the holes will tell you a lot. Might have been someone trying to prove they could hit a quarter with their .22. Three together might be trying to see how far the bullet would penetrate. Just guesses.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The size of the holes will tell you a lot. Might have been someone trying to prove they could hit a quarter with their .22. Three together might be trying to see how far the bullet would penetrate. Just guesses.
Anything's possible but the holes seem too small to be caused by a .22

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread