Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok since I requested this section I will ask my first question the new 1.05 update that just recently came out for the Legend this is for anyone that has done the update my question is can the update be done using windows 11 the way it reads it can be done with windows 10 and earlier versions so before I attempt to update my newly received Legend Pro PAC I want to make sure, my laptop is windows 11

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question, bought a new desktop, and it has windows 11. Having said that, have nothing to update yet. Pre-ordered from Kellyco back in November, still waiting. I am surprised though that the Legend already has an up-date. What is it suppose to do?

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good question, bought a new desktop, and it has windows 11. Having said that, have nothing to update yet. Pre-ordered from Kellyco back in November, still waiting. I am surprised though that the Legend already has an up-date. What is it suppose to do?
I see no reason to update at this point. The detector is working fine for my needs. May feel differently once I get in the water with it though. Only reason I updated my Equinox 600 was for the reduced brightness on the backlight

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see no reason to update at this point. The detector is working fine for my needs. May feel differently once I get in the water with it though. Only reason I updated my Equinox 600 was for the reduced brightness on the backlight
well you can do what you want but one issue some was having with the Legend is it literally locked up on them the new update is supposed to fix that

here is a list from Nokta/Macro as to what the update is supposed to do

Updates Made:​

1. Pinpoint function has been improved.
2. M 1 Multi Frequency parameters have been updated.
3. Audio alert for Automatic Frequency Shift (Noise Cancellation) completion has been extended.
4. Factory default Tone Break value has been changed from 11 to 10 in Park mode.
5. Ferrous Off Discrimination Pattern has been updated to reject IDs between 1-10 in Park & Field modes.
6. Threshold audio level has been increased in Gold mode.
7. Audio response during ground balancing in Gold mode has been updated.
8. Backlight levels have been re-configured.
9. Bugs have been fixed.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It does work on windows 11 takes about 10 minuets or at least it did took me 10 minuets to do, I did it because I did not want to have my Legend lock up on me whether it works any better with the new update I really cannot say as I did not use the first version before updating I did it as soon as I unboxed it and put it together

I will tell you when I first received my legend I put it together and took it out in my front yard I have extremely high EMI in the area I live i did turn the Legend on and the EMI drove it crazy that is one thing I have noticed is with the new update the EMI does not seem to bother it as much yesterday before I updated I literally had to do a frequency shift and lower the sensitivity down to 15 today with the new update it was not near as bad I still had to lower sensitivity but not to 15 I was able to keep my sensitivity up above 20 so I believe it did help in that aspect

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had problems up dating, I think it downloaded on my desktop, but not the detector, I have windows 11. I do have an old laptop with windows 10, I can try that. On my first attempt, I went onto the site, plugged in my detector to the computer, did not receive the sound or any prompts as stated, nothing happened on the Legend, but SEEMED to load on my desktop, I deleted those off the desktop and so I guess I'll try again on the windows 10. It would help if i had an 8 year old to help me t6hrough it.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had problems up dating, I think it downloaded on my desktop, but not the detector, I have windows 11. I do have an old laptop with windows 10, I can try that. On my first attempt, I went onto the site, plugged in my detector to the computer, did not receive the sound or any prompts as stated, nothing happened on the Legend, but SEEMED to load on my desktop, I deleted those off the desktop and so I guess I'll try again on the windows 10. It would help if i had an 8 year old to help me t6hroug
you do not plug the legend into your PC before it tells you to.

you install the Binn file from the Nokta/Macro site first on you PC then you open up the zip file in the binn file your windows 11 will ask you whether you want to allow this Bin file to install(Allow It) once all that is done it should have saved a Nokta/Macro updater thing on your desk top click on that installer thing it will open up a box in the middle of you PC screen and that tells you to connect your detector (the Legend) once you connect the legend it should high light install click the install and WA La it installs

I did the same thing as you described I unplugged the Legend and plugged it back in and it worked

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave it a few tries, not working out for me. I THINK it downloaded onto my desktop but could not get it to my detector. Clicking onto a bin? file, A large box opened on my screen, and everything was in Korean, I think. THAT happened on three different times, Sooo, I believe I managed to delete it all, and will try some other year when I calm down a bit. Untill then, I'll continue to learn and work with the "old" version. Thanks for your reply either way oldkoot, Guess I'm still somewhat "Tec." challenged.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave it a few tries, not working out for me. I THINK it downloaded onto my desktop but could not get it to my detector. Clicking onto a bin? file, A large box opened on my screen, and everything was in Korean, I think. THAT happened on three different times, Sooo, I believe I managed to delete it all, and will try some other year when I calm down a bit. Untill then, I'll continue to learn and work with the "old" version. Thanks for your reply either way oldkoot, Guess I'm still somewhat "Tec." challenged.
I printed out the update instructions and am going to take a shot at the update tomorrow.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I gave it a few tries, not working out for me. I THINK it downloaded onto my desktop but could not get it to my detector. Clicking onto a bin? file, A large box opened on my screen, and everything was in Korean, I think. THAT happened on three different times, Sooo, I believe I managed to delete it all, and will try some other year when I calm down a bit. Untill then, I'll continue to learn and work with the "old" version. Thanks for your reply either way oldkoot, Guess I'm still somewhat "Tec." chall

I printed out the update instructions and am going to take a shot at the update tomorrow.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update completed. It took a few tries to simply get the exe file downloaded. Then of course, I couldn’t remember what folder the bin file was in. But my biggest difficulty came because I wasn’t following the order that you have to do the update in. First you have to plug in the USB, then press the up button until UP comes up and THEN you open your updating program, select your bin file and then choose update. I was opening the updating file first and that doesn’t work.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little more information for you Sprailroad After you do the download on the makro website you should find two files sitting in your Downloads folder

Legend-V1.05. Bin
NoktaDetectorUpdateSetUp.Application

The Application file should set up the desktop icon and the bin file is what they will ask you to select when you start the Upgrade. I copied both to a folder when I knew I could find them.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A little more information for you Sprailroad After you do the download on the makro website you should find two files sitting in your Downloads folder

Legend-V1.05. Bin
NoktaDetectorUpdateSetUp.Application

The Application file should set up the desktop icon and the bin file is what they will ask you to select when you start the Upgrade. I copied both to a folder when I knew I could find them.
one other thing you need to be aware of, when you turn the Legend on it boots up in the custom discrimination mode that is the default mode it starts in, next to the discrimination bar there will be a C change that C to F by pushing the horse shoe button only in the F discrimination pattern will you see the 11 is now notched back in, the C (custom Pattern) the 11 will still be notched out otherwise the only way you can tell if the update took is when you first turn the Legend on and it will show in the upper right hand corner of the screen which should now read 1.05 instead of 1.04

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first update attempt didn't fare well. I was following the instructions on the NM website. After failing the first attempt, I started reading what the update window information was telling/asking for, ... all good now.
1v05 locked and loaded.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do think the updating challenge is a one time thing. Once you have gotten the set up application downloaded and on your desktop, future updates should be much easier to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread