UP Dates

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up Dates 5, 6, & 7. Just what is each one supposed to do. Haven't really seen much information about any of them, someone know exactly what each does? I am not knocking the machine, it was just a thought that it had been on Pre-order for some time, while changes were being made. I thought it to be a good idea, and had no problem waiting. Now that it is out for what, 1 or 2 months, Three updates already? Would you not think that these changes would have already come up and delt with? Anyway, it is a good machine, and just wondered about the up-dates. That's it fella's.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Up Dates 5, 6, & 7. Just what is each one supposed to do. Haven't really seen much information about any of them, someone know exactly what each does? I am not knocking the machine, it was just a thought that it had been on Pre-order for some time, while changes were being made. I thought it to be a good idea, and had no problem waiting. Now that it is out for what, 1 or 2 months, Three updates already? Would you not think that these changes would have already come up and delt with? Anyway, it is a good machine, and just wondered about the up-dates. That's it fella's.
nokta/macro puts a tutorial up with every update they put out as to what that new update is supposed to address
I cannot give an answer on the Deus and XPs updates as I do not own a deus 2

TIE543

Greenie
Feb 13, 2021
Muhlenberg County, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really out of the ordinary for anything that's capable of receiving updates to be updated several times shortly after initial release. You see it primarily in the video gaming world but this is just another example of it. Sometimes bugs and issues don't really come to light until the product is being used by the public.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just updated to 1.07 yesterday. Not quite as confusing as the first update I did but still seems more complicated than should be necessary . Where I stumbled this time was with the Win.Zip file that downloads. Forgot that I had to first open that file using Windows explorer and then copy and move the BIN file to my directory. After that it was straightforward.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Firmware updates have been going on with digital cameras for years. You get updates for four or five years after the camera's release sometimes.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just updated to 1.07 yesterday. Not quite as confusing as the first update I did but still seems more complicated than should be necessary . Where I stumbled this time was with the Win.Zip file that downloads. Forgot that I had to first open that file using Windows explorer and then copy and move the BIN file to my directory. After that it was straightforward.
I will agree with you the updates should not be as difficult as they are the 1.05 went easy the 1.07 no so much

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, update 5, skip 6, and update 7? Haven't figured the download yet to my detector, I did SOMETHING to block it SOMEHOW, but will try again on a lap top by someone who knows this stuff way way better.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you install 1.07 you'll get all of the current fixes that they want us to have which of course includes the beach updates that came out in 1.06. The latest update will always have all previous fixes, so if you skip an update you don't have to hunt down the one you missed.

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
They have another update about to be released any time now that will address some of the issues users have presented, and will include an iron bias, and a new M3 setting, along with some smaller things such as icon selection on the screen. I didn't hear anything about the Bluetooth connection issue to the headphones, in regards to the threshold, but who knows maybe they will surprise us. Should be this week or the next.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you install 1.07 you'll get all of the current fixes that they want us to have which of course includes the beach updates that came out in 1.06. The latest update will always have all previous fixes, so if you skip an update you don't have to hunt down the one you missed.
OK then, all I will need is up date # 7, it will already have everything # 5 had in it. I only asked in that I just read two different things on the internet, do both, and only need # 7. I'll go with nuggetshooter of Treasure net, as opposed to the internet in general. Just # 7 it is.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can read what the updates do here

Great that we can just "Plug In," instead of sending the machines in, or just buying the new model like the "old days."

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK then, all I will need is up date # 7, it will already have everything # 5 had in it. I only asked in that I just read two different things on the internet, do both, and only need # 7. I'll go with nuggetshooter of Treasure net, as opposed to the internet in general. Just # 7 it is.
actually there are only two well three if you include the 1.06 which is no longer available thank god, 1.05 which the newer Legends already have installed and the latest is 1.07 as Suncoast kid said if you want all the updates all you have to do is the 1.07 which will include all previous fixes and new software from the 1.05

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
Remember on your computer that sometimes your anti-virus software, or adblockers, can prevent you from performing the downloads.
I've never had any problems myself. I have Windows 10, but every computer is different. Also, there are YouTube videos that offer a step by step tutorial on doing it.
Just take notes, or have a teenager do it for you, like someone else said. Funny how kids are always up on the new things.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember on your computer that sometimes your anti-virus software, or adblockers, can prevent you from performing the downloads.
I've never had any problems myself. I have Windows 10, but every computer is different. Also, there are YouTube videos that offer a step by step tutorial on doing it.
Just take notes, or have a teenager do it for you, like someone else said. Funny how kids are always up on the new things.
Suncoast: This is a VERY GOOD POINT ! I am running windows 11 and I turned mine off before i updated my legend.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post! The Nokta Legend is REALLY good and dialed in now. Great machine!

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all your reply's, a friend came over and did the update for me, was alittle problem for her, but is complete. I am CURRENT!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all your reply's, a friend came over and did the update for me, was alittle problem for her, but is complete. I am CURRENT!
Please keep us posted how it works for you please ?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time at the beach yesterday after 1.07 update. Much less chatter on wet sand. Down to the surf line without having to drop sensitivity or do any other adjustments. Nice improvement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread