Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up around Radium today lookin over the Colorado. Lots of ground squirrels at that campground by Radium. Camped there one time and the little rascals ran all over me so much that night it became an aggravation, so I finally threw my bedroll in the bed of the truck and slept there. Water level in Green Mtn. Res. is awfully low in the last pic. Maybe spring run-off will fill it up.
4-7a.jpg
4-7b.jpg
4-7c.jpg
4-7d.jpg
4-7e.jpg

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up around Radium today lookin over the Colorado. Lots of ground squirrels at that campground by Radium. Camped there one time and the little rascals ran all over me so much that night it became an aggravation, so I finally threw my bedroll in the bed of the truck and slept there. Water lever in Green Mtn. Res. is awfully low in the last pic. Maybe spring run-off will fill it up.
View attachment 2019786 View attachment 2019787 View attachment 2019788 View attachment 2019789 View attachment 2019790
Wow Green Mtn way down.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did at Green Mtn. because it was down one time and I saw a guy on the north end walkin around in that 'I'm lookin for arrowheads' walk. I just spotted pretty much just all historic artifacts from before the lake was put in. Now in Oklahoma I know most of the documented archaeological sites in SWOK so when lakes were down, I'd be out there checkin them out. Sometimes I would extend the known range of a site and a few times documented some previously undiscovered sites. And I will say state archy's in Oklahoma were a little more user friendly than some states, and they would rely on a lot of us arrowhead hunters to report to them and save them some footwork.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did at Green Mtn. because it was down one time and I saw a guy on the north end walkin around in that 'I'm lookin for arrowheads' walk. I just spotted pretty much just all historic artifacts from before the lake was put in. Now in Oklahoma I know most of the documented archaeological sites in SWOK so when lakes were down, I'd be out there checkin them out. Sometimes I would extend the known range of a site and a few times documented some previously undiscovered sites. And I will say state archy's in Oklahoma were a little more user friendly than some states, and they would rely on a lot of us arrowhead hunters to report to them and save them some footwork.
I often stop at Blue Mesa just to stretch out along the washed out shores. I see a few artifact and lots of grainy quartzite flaking scattered about as that was the material most widely used at the once valley of the Gunnison River west of Gunnison and east of the Black Canyon. No doubt they survived on a lot of mule deer that still roam that area.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking topography, the water is looking low for sure.
Hopefully the spring runoff will restore the levels up again to normal.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the San Juans had gotten more snow than we did, but doesn't really look like it. I hope to get down that way in a couple of weeks maybe. And it's not too bad in my pics, L.C. Elevation along the river is only about 7,000ft. Easy for just walking around. I live at around 9200ft. I camped one time at above 11,000ft. and that did seem to be a little trying. The fire didn't even want to burn right.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the San Juans had gotten more snow than we did, but doesn't really look like it. I hope to get down that way in a couple of weeks maybe. And it's not too bad in my pics, L.C. Elevation along the river is only about 7,000ft. Easy for just walking around. I live at around 9200ft. I camped one time at above 11,000ft. and that did seem to be a little trying. The fire didn't even want to burn right.
Wolf Creek at summit toped out at about 120" this year. I will make my first run in June into the San Juan's I'm at 10,000 goin in there and way to risky to go earlier. Folks have gotten caught in there in May and it did not turn out to well for them.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice area. I was at six mile gap yesterday but still along the river was about 4 feet of snow so I just walked the bush shead hunting. I'm going to be up around woods landing this weekend going the same.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed your photos ... looks like a good spot for kayaking. I have a lot smaller river in my area. I'll rent a kayak and go kayaking down the Brandywine river. It's a lot of fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread