Upgrade to Minelab 600 or 800 ?

kylied

Jul 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites M6 with the Garrett Z link for wireless headphones, I am very happy with my current setup, and have found many coins, some rings, etc. I have been thinking of purchasing a Minelab 600 or 800, but am wondering before I spend the money for the 600 or 800 would I notice a very substantial difference with my current setup that would justify doing this? Most of my detecting is old home sites, Florida beaches, rural areas, etc.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site kylied,from S.E.Arkansas,I can,t answer that question but someone who can will be along soon.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 800 and really like it. It has found some very nice coins for me, the last 2 years. But then again, my Fisher CZ5 still finds nice coins for me as well. It's more about the places that you are hunting, than the detector you choose to use (to an extent). There has been more than one incident where a hobbyist was using a $100 dollar detector to find a gold coin - diamond ring - or cache of some sort. Continue to do your research and find the old places to hunt, no matter which detector you choose to use.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites M6 with the Garrett Z link for wireless headphones, I am very happy with my current setup, and have found many coins, some rings, etc. I have been thinking of purchasing a Minelab 600 or 800, but am wondering before I spend the money for the 600 or 800 would I notice a very substantial difference with my current setup that would justify doing this? Most of my detecting is old home sites, Florida beaches, rural areas, etc.
I purchased a CTX
I purchased an Equinox800 for the Gold modes and the advanced technology plus the weight. I've been swinging a CTX3030 since 2010. Watching all the reviews and posts about the machine I decided to use a Gold Ring I had found and buy it .
To My surprise the last time I even got the CTX out was last year when the arm cuff had broke and I sent it in to have it fixed at no cost.
I've been to numerous locations that I have pounded with the CTX and pulled a lot of coins and relics out that I had missed . Including a few Silver coins. And a 1937S Washington Quarter at that. It was in with a bunch of iron nails. I also found an 1827 Silver Mexican 1 Reale in a Union Campsite that's been pounded since the 50's. Not to mention the CW bullets I've found with it.
I know that all machines mostly will do pretty good, but I've had really good luck with the Nox800 . I've had it past the warranty now and still use it every Hunt.. on the downside, I did have a coil ear break off, and one side of the arm cuffs. Luckily at both times it was under warranty. . Still, even if I had to pay for them it would've been alot cheaper than fixing the CTX.
As far as setting up and learning it, the stock programs work great. It's easy to set up tones for certain items with advanced features. Does great for EMi interference too. Keep in mind you will dig a little bit more trash. But the rewards are worth it. I'd recommend an Equinox800 and stand by it.
Happy Hunting!!!

Last edited:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 600 & 800 will do better a job on the wet sand beaches, the 800 has a frequency for hunting teeny tiny pieces of gold and a few things that the 600 don't have. But the biggest benefit is the light weight of the equinox. I have the 600 and I truly love it, I do have a couple white sitting in the closet now that I don't use, I also have a Safari That I don't use much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread