Upstate NY anyone?

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Tricia said:
OT but for those of you on the North Shore of Oneida lake...is it true Adrien Brody bought the Stone Barn Castle in Constantia?

yes it is Tricia, he and his wife went down to the local grocery here,and the workers of the store called and told the news.I haven't seen him around yet but its only been a week or so since they bought it.

For the life of me i can not seem to find a picture of this place,Stone barn castle is/was a farm and art museum and its in Cleveland NY.I know during halloween they use to convert it into a haunted house you could pay and go through it,also hay rides and stuff.I'm 2 minutes from this place if the weather is better in the next few days I'll try and get some pictures of it(if i can)being its owned by a movie star now.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bobby S said:
Hey, I live in Endicott NY...been lookin for people who live around me for quite some time now that would like to go metal detecting with me and my dad. We dont relle have any places to go right now, so if anyone has any tips or would like us to join in just let me kno

Hey to you guys in Binghamton, Endicott and Vestal. I used to live in Endicott (now in Raleigh NC). I got my start detecting there. Found my first silver, a Walking Liberty Half Dollar in Vestal. That got me hooked. I used to go over the border into PA to a couple of old camps. A boys camp called Camp Choconut http://www.campchoconut.org/ and a girls camp called Camp Susquehannock http://www.susquehannock.com/book.htm. The boys camp is in Friendsville and the girls camp is in Brackney. I'd recommend you give them a try after the camping season is over.

I found a lot of silver at Camp Choconut. The boys camp was founded in 1896. Boys from around the world used to go there and stay in cabins with wooden floors. As time went on the cabins, one by one got old and were torn down. I don't know as much about the other camp, but it's been around a long time too. Check out the cabin pictures in the links.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
UnEarthed72 said:
Tricia said:
OT but for those of you on the North Shore of Oneida lake...is it true Adrien Brody bought the Stone Barn Castle in Constantia?

yes it is Tricia, he and his wife went down to the local grocery here,and the workers of the store called and told the news.I haven't seen him around yet but its only been a week or so since they bought it.

For the life of me i can not seem to find a picture of this place,Stone barn castle is/was a farm and art museum and its in Cleveland NY.I know during halloween they use to convert it into a haunted house you could pay and go through it,also hay rides and stuff.I'm 2 minutes from this place if the weather is better in the next few days I'll try and get some pictures of it(if i can)being its owned by a movie star now.

Yeah I know it well. Used to go to horse shows there all the time.

Funny, for the life of me I still can't figure out why a movie star would want to buy Stone Barn. I suppose everyone needs their own castle. LOL But the castle part is really a facade with two rooms. There is lots of room if he wants to live the farm life. Hope he has horses, the ring is still there even though the footing has probably deteriorated. But a big ring to ride in.

Just didn't believe it when a friend who lives in Central Square told me that.

Funny thing about Brody, I think he's the kind of guy who can blend in. My friend from Central Square wasn't even sure what he looked like or what movie's he's been in.

Good luck to him and his wife. There's not much happening up in Constantia so they'll be the talk of the town until it all dies down. ROFL

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Doesn't he have a large/odd nose that's a pretty good tell right there ;D I liked the movie Son Of Sam in which he played the lead actor..actually he's been in tons of cool movies(the remake of King Kong) anyhow if i run into him I'll say hello from everyone :D

Disciple

Feb 23, 2006
West Monroe, NY USA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
That's funny, i've been wondering about the stone barn ... use to go there when i was a kid ... Been wanting to hunt it ........... think maybe they will let us Shawn .. LOL

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Wild idea...write to Mr. Brody and ask. :o

Heck, maybe he's into MDing. Ya never know.

Part of the stone barn museum had an antique farm equipment display. Remember touring through there and there were tons of tools too.

Seriously, maybe Mr. Brody would want to find some treasures for his castle.

I can guarantee there is at least one horse shoe around somewhere. Friend's horse lost one of it's shoes during a horse show and they never found it. ROFL

misiek

Nov 2, 2007
Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Im also in Plattsburgh(12901) and around Champlain, that whole general area..lots of places to visit. I usually md with my brother as it goes faster but it'd be nice to pair up with someone from the area. Found a 1905 dime in one of the newest parks here so there is plenty of potential. I swing a Umax

Liebs

Greenie
Apr 19, 2006
Wappingers Falls, NY
wappingers falls/ poughkeepsie right here, im always looking for people who share my interest in local ny history and would like to go and check some places out around here.

littlebird13

Feb 21, 2006
UPSTATE N.Y.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
I live in AuSable Forks, If anyone would like to get together and detect this spring let me know.

get in touch

littlebird13

DINGO

Jan 30, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 xl/pro,Tesoro Tejon,First sovereign,Compass X100 x200
I live in Florida and my aunt and uncle live in Schuyler Falls and every year I visit for 2-3 weeks in June.The detectors I bring with me are,White's 6000 XP Pro,Tesoro Tejon and the Minelab sovereign,first one...Would anyone like to get together...

Donedroolin

Feb 3, 2008
Hey, I also am looking for treasure hunters in the Upstate N.Y. area. I live in a small town called Athens that is located apporox 30 miles south of Albany,N.Y.. I don't know to many places to hunt yet but I am looking to find areas. I have had a Radio Shack discovery 1000 for about 3 years and found somethings local with it and also when I went on vacation a few times with it. I can't wait to get out, but here the ground is still fozen and you really chew up the ground when you dig. My wife just bought me a Whites Prizm 5, for christmas. I have not tryed it yet, but cannot wait to. Well type to you Treasure hunters soon.

Cherokee

Feb 17, 2009
Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Edge II
I live in Rochester, NY. Just got a Fisher Edge II...can't wait to get started in the spring. Gonna hit the Erie canal.

yotman1

Mar 5, 2009
Watervliet, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - also a dealer
Hey Bruce

I am in the Albany area, I detect west of here by 30 miles or so sometimes. Love to meet new people in the hobby. Maybe we can get together sometime

Hey you guys from Binghamton, I came from the Town of Bing. Parents still live there. I come down a few times a year. Would love to meet and swing the detectors a little.

Tim

horseradish

Greenie
May 7, 2010
I am in the Weedsport area, moved here about a year or two ago, love to research and would be interested in doing some hunting, if anyone else would like to get together, let me know,

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread