US magnet fishing laws

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, magnet fishing is getting so popular now but we do need to stay within the law to obviously not get In trouble or find that the hobby starts getting restricted.
Because of this I decided to compile a list of all the states where magnet fishing is legal and where it is not.
I will update it as I find new information so depending on if the mods are happy it could be sticky worthy?

Hope it helps some of you :)

Magnet fishing laws for all 50 US states, is it legal? 2020

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one state is magnet fishing illegal... which is S.C.

And typical of S.C.... they always try and control everything.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my last trips was to SC where a lake (dam) is shared by Georgia. No one bothered me. Thank you for all the effort to gather that data.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC has some great radar traps along I-95 also. Only way they can get some money?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
oh now this is getting fricken rediculous ! oh yeah lets start putting size limits on specie limits what we catch with a magnet out of our lakes and rivers. the real question here is ? what harm is being done ? i think there are enuf laws on the books already. like cleaning the junk out of our lakes and rivers that somebody else created. besides arent our poor politicians overworked to death already ? lets just make a new law ? zombies arent allowed to have no FUN. none notta zilch none at all.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Hi all, magnet fishing is getting so popular now but we do need to stay within the law to obviously not get In trouble or find that the hobby starts getting restricted.
Because of this I decided to compile a list of all the states where magnet fishing is legal and where it is not.
I will update it as I find new information so depending on if the mods are happy it could be sticky worthy?

Hope it helps some of you :)

Magnet fishing laws for all 50 US states, is it legal? 2020

oh ! it helped alright. helped vent some of my frustration. just a teeny weeny bit.

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh ! it helped alright. helped vent some of my frustration. just a teeny weeny bit.

Haha sorry about that my friend, my intentions were not to wind anyone up. We do live in quite a nanny state world now a days don’t we.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Haha sorry about that my friend, my intentions were not to wind anyone up. We do live in quite a nanny state world now a days don’t we.
hey ! no animosity here. i'm just killin time. its not against the law to do that ? yet ? havin just a little bit of fun at the same time

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to magnet fish as a kid. Got back into it again recently, and only problem ever was people worried about shemegma / muck on the pier. Bucket tied to rope to wash it over the side, solved that problem. Seem to meet a lot of friendly folks chock full of questions! With no headphones uou can't ignore them like tecting on the beach!

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol ....in S.C. just prop up a fishing pole as a decoy.
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, please keep political comments out of posts not in our political forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread