VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doug (Dman) , my high school classmate Jerry, and I scouted a 50 acre farm on the Cumberland River for Colonial and Civil War sites yesterday. The WW2 U.S. Army maneuver units must have had a big firefight there with the large number of 30-06 blanks in the ground while they trained to go to the European theater of battle. I dug a pocketknife that had “USA” engraved on the brass center emblem. A local knife dealer told me it was a TL-29 model with bail issued to Army Soldiers and several companies including Case manufactured them. Not a banner find but anything from America’s greatest generation becomes more special with time & I have started to put them in a display box as shown. HH, Q.

Correction-Gunsil says it's an issue utility knife instead of a knife with tool (TL) and he collects knives. In all fairness to our local knife dealer, he identified it by my description..

Attachments

• DSCN1935.JPG
    DSCN1935.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN1937.JPG
    DSCN1937.JPG
    595.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Upvote 11
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to gunsil, Donnie, tejon, MSB, trapperart, OD, Breezie, RN, Dman (we will go next week), Dave, JB, toasted, Richard (Tnmountains), joee5, GA_Boy, & Nana Good find on the 2 cent piece).
Steve in PA, We were hunting just across the river from the home of my neighbor who passed away last year. The neighbor was a WW2 veteran who served in the European theater of battle as did his brother. In that war, everything was on the line.
Like you, I appreciate the soldiers and the relics from their training exercises we find each year. My Dad and 2 uncles served in the war. HH everyone, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread