Use of beach wet for modern trash hunting

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Colorado Springs we seem to have mild fill soil all over the place because I can run the BW mode everywhere. The difference between Park/M1 and BW is huge. Some of the good targets that show up in BW aren't very recognizable in Park/M1.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Colorado Springs we seem to have mild fill soil all over the place because I can run the BW mode everywhere. The difference between Park/M1 and BW is huge. Some of the good targets that show up in BW aren't very recognizable in Park/M1.
I am not surprised.

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2
I ran the legend over a part of my yard that was previously un-huntable because it is so full of trash. Full of iron and small to large aluminum can-slaw. It literally bleeps every 3 or 4 inches. I went over it several times in Park M1 and M2 and it showed tons of trash but no legit sounding targets. I switched to Beach MW and pulled 3 zincons in about a 4x8' area with crisp clear signals. I'm a believer. I don't usually hunt super trashy areas but will be doing it in MW when I come across them from now on.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ran the legend over a part of my yard that was previously un-huntable because it is so full of trash. Full of iron and small to large aluminum can-slaw. It literally bleeps every 3 or 4 inches. I went over it several times in Park M1 and M2 and it showed tons of trash but no legit sounding targets. I switched to Beach MW and pulled 3 zincons in about a 4x8' area with crisp clear signals. I'm a believer. I don't usually hunt super trashy areas but will be doing it in MW when I come across them from now on.
In really trashy areas I rotate through all the multi-freqs and the single freqs, I don't trust any of them to get everything. I use MW to re-check areas that have iron signals that sound like machine gun fire, but since it can't be GB'ed I don't push it too far. Weirdly, I find more good targets in 40khz than any other freq.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread