Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be a fair price to me, but I like the DFX. One thing about White's detectors...their service is second to nobody in the industry, so you wouldn't be buying an orphan, even though it's not made anymore.
Jim

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good price but verify it works if you can and then haggle, can't hurt to try. they were second owner, age of detector, scratches...yada-yada.. never know, may get it for 200-300.. :)

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$400 is not a bad deal but you should offer less.I bought a pristine DFX back in June, off of craigslist locally(the seller said it was too much for him, wanted a turn on and go machine). He was asking $400 for it. It came with the rechargeable battery pack and charger. It also came with a new set of Royal GT headphones and a barely used bullseye 2 (which I later sold; already had headphones and bought a Garrett PP). In the end, I basically paid $250 for the DFX. It works flawlessly and I recently picked up a AA battery pack from my local dealer. I have had it out a few times this week and have been experimenting with the settings to get a feel for it. I dug a beaver tail at approx. 9 inches today. My soil here is moderately mineralized. I wasn't happy with the beaver tail but I was thrilled with the depth. Of course I found all kinds of clad and also hit some "zincolns" at 8". Just gotta learn what this thing is telling me and all will be good. I am very happy with the DFX and have heard nothing but good things about Whites' service.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-2563776130.jpg

Beaver Tail

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beaver tail in the upper left corner brings back memories of breaking off the tail and using it to shoot the ring part some long distances Now I cuss every time I dig one!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beaver tail in the upper left corner brings back memories of breaking off the tail and using it to shoot the ring part some long distances Now I cuss every time I dig one!

Yeah that type was usually used on Coke Cans . The Beer cans usually were of the rounded TYPE w/ no Notch for Firing.
Davers

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had my DFX for years and has served me well. $400 seems a good price to me. Lots of options and coils available.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
400.00 is a steal
that would be the one to chest mount for steep slopes and tailing piles....
and the biggest butterfly coil you could get...will white's still fix it is the question...

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
My advice is don't sell any of your machines or extras. A lot of us do and say dang! I should have kept it. I own 3 machines. IDX Pro, DFX, and a One more brand I won't mention. Just saying I always go back to a different machines for change. I will alway buy a new machine.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe $ 400 dollars is a good price for the DFX. I purchased a new DFX from a pawn shop last year for $ 485 dollars, with all the paper work. Now for the kicker, White's gave me a two year warranty on the detector. Now that is great customer service! I love my DFX and V3i detectors!

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
350....check it...does it come with headphones...digging and probes.....easy to startup and hunt.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I paid $399.00 for mine and i am really happy with that price..And the detector..

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The newer ones are selling for about $500 but there is no difference in a 2002 or a 2013 other than they had switched to calling it a DFX 300 and put a spider coil on it rather then the open hole 950.

I just bought a 2006 DFX that had a lot of extra stuff with it and got a very good deal ($560). The machine is on it's way to Whites to get checked out. I think there may be something wrong with it and even it it cost me $200 to fix, will still be a fair price with the other stuff I got along with it.
Last few that sold on ebay were between $445 and $550 typically with head phones, a bullseye pointer or maybe one extra coil So do a search of Whites DFX Metal Detector in ebay, then go to advance and click the sold check box and search again.. this will give you an idea of what they are selling for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread