Used My Fluid Bed Concentrator With My California Sluice In Tandem

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
may 26.jpg

Out yesterday down at the North Saskatchewan River. Shifted gears, and used my fluid bed concentrator. I screened 1 3/4 5 gallon buckets down to 20 mesh and ran it through my system. The 10" x 36" micro riffle sluice at the end of the California sluice was attached as to monitor my losses. After 1 bucket, I did a cleanup, and counted about 30 pieces of flour gold, or perhaps a shovel full. Very good results! The California sluice caught about 10% of my overall fluid bed concentrator loss, which is normal. Conclusion: The Fluid bed concentrator and California sluice work well together. It's Just the ticket for those days when you don't want to haul all your highbanking equipment down to the river.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2028803
Out yesterday down at the North Saskatchewan River. Shifted gears, and used my fluid bed concentrator. I screened 1 3/4 5 gallon buckets down to 20 mesh and ran it through my system. The 10" x 36" micro riffle sluice at the end of the California sluice was attached as to monitor my losses. After 1 bucket, I did a cleanup, and counted about 30 pieces of flour gold, or perhaps a shovel full. Very good results! The California sluice caught about 10% of my overall fluid bed concentrator loss, which is normal. Conclusion: The Fluid bed concentrator and California sluice work well together. It's Just the ticket for those days when you don't want to haul all your highbanking equipment down to the river.
Good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread