Using an app to find valuable in the stores

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually go into thrift store with an app I use open, to look for CDs and DVDs that resell well.

I use 'Decluttr' to scan the barcodes and see what they'll give me for it.

Decluttr is a company in GA that pays you for your CDs, DVD, and other tech devices. it has worked out well for me in the past as sometimes I find obscure CDs that sell for an FRN or two, and resell to decluttr for several dollars or more. Garage sales are better, because you can haggle on price. Once I found a tall stack of Celtic and religious CDs, paid $5 for them all and resold to decluttr for $23.

Not much return for the effort but if you do it quick enough, you can amass a nice stack to send to them. Decluttr pays the shipping, too with prepared labels to affix to your package.

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing with textbooks. You can get some really nice books. It has been a few months since the last one though. They tell you how much they will buy the book for and they pay shipping. Only had issues 1 time. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590783482.352767.jpg

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I've used Decluttr for a few years. I just sent in a $50 shipment last month.

I don't use the app. 99% of CDs and DVDs out there are junk that aren't worth scanning, and scanning with a phone is too slow to use when browsing. I just buy in bulk at garage sales or pick up free stuff on the side of the road, then I use a desktop PC and a USB barcode scanner to sort through the piles.

Keep in mind that if Decluttr is offering $3.00 for the item (usually their maximum payout for media), it's something that consistently sells for $10 or more on eBay or Amazon. If they offer you $3.00, check out those other markets before selling to them, as it could be a very desirable item. The lowest price I've been offered for a CD that they'll buy is $0.01.

My usual outlet process for media is Amazon --> eBay --> local stores --> Decluttr --> local auction house.

Decluttr gets the junk that isn't worth selling on Amazon or eBay, either because the price or sales rank is too low. The stuff that's too scratched up or bootleg goes into a box lot at the local auction.

OP
OP
airborne1092

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another moneymaking app is JobSpotter. Essentially, Your're a 1099 for Indeed. com.

I'm out and about so much for work, I always look for local places hiring. Leads are worth more if you're the first to take pics and submit them. I've earned about $70. monetized into an Amazon gift card after using it casually.

Getting paid to directly help my community? Something I can get behind!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using this QR Reader by Tap Media Pro. Its free to use and as long as it has a QR code it will search Amazon, Ebay, and several others and give you prices. Not super quick on the fly but handy when I'm at Goodwill.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually go into thrift store with an app I use open, to look for CDs and DVDs that resell well.

I use 'Decluttr' to scan the barcodes and see what they'll give me for it.

Decluttr is a company in GA that pays you for your CDs, DVD, and other tech devices. it has worked out well for me in the past as sometimes I find obscure CDs that sell for an FRN or two, and resell to decluttr for several dollars or more. Garage sales are better, because you can haggle on price. Once I found a tall stack of Celtic and religious CDs, paid $5 for them all and resold to decluttr for $23.

Not much return for the effort but if you do it quick enough, you can amass a nice stack to send to them. Decluttr pays the shipping, too with prepared labels to affix to your package.
This is a great IDEA THANKS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread