USPS Shipping

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is USPS absolutely freaking failing for anyone else right now? Some priority packages are taking 10+ days to get there and of course, buyers are being impatient. It's like the junk you seen whenever covid first came about. They said it's because employees are quarantined due to covid. Anyone have any input? Is this type of thing happening to anyone else or is it just my main hub?

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is USPS absolutely freaking failing for anyone else right now? Some priority packages are taking 10+ days to get there and of course, buyers are being impatient. It's like the junk you seen whenever covid first came about. They said it's because employees are quarantined due to covid. Anyone have any input? Is this type of thing happening to anyone else or is it just my main hub?
Problems here in my neck of the Tennessee hills too. I think Priority Mail means Probably Get It now. Not defending them, but I bet covid, or the rules around covid, is impacting things.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a package take some time to go from NY to Ohio recently....but no other problems. I would comment on why everything is such a mess right now, but it would be political and not for this forum.
Not just USPS. I had a Fedex delivery with 3-day delivery that took three weeks to get here. It arrived the day after I left for Brazil. :BangHead:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ship most of our items media rate, sometime we upgrade to First Class Package or Priority - they all take about the same amount of time to arrive.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not just USPS. I had a Fedex delivery with 3-day delivery that took three weeks to get here. It arrived the day after I left for Brazil. :BangHead:
Ha just be happy it didn't go by train through Los Angeles.

APTOPIX Train Cargo Thefts Los Angeles.jpeg

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be sick drivers, i work at a ready mix concrete plant, two thirds of our drivers have covid.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
We ship most of our items media rate, sometime we upgrade to First Class Package or Priority - they all take about the same amount of time to arrive.
That is what i found out no matter what way i ship a item First class or priority or another way they all seem to get there about the same time .

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last two first class packages came from the east coast to the west coast in under three days, one from Utah got here in two days. I've never had any complaints with USPS. The other two companies are a different story.

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had shipped 3 items last week on the same day first class mail 2 were delivered in 3 days , The other one took 18 days , I think small packages get lost on the floor as some tracking # do not move for days ? ???

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had shipped 3 items last week on the same day first class mail 2 were delivered in 3 days , The other one took 18 days , I think small packages get lost on the floor as some tracking # do not move for days ? ???
Yeah, I'm seeing 7-10 days sometimes for priority packages sitting in random hubs. Not every package, but enough to notice it. It is insane, I guess it depends on how shorthanded the certain hubs are.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not saying they are slow. i am saying they all seem to take the same time. No matter how i ship them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't used ebay or ordered coffee since christmas.
They seemed to have Greatly Improved since December 1st-Ish.

DSL was a Midleman shipper for Deathwish Coffee.
Had me seriously Complaining especially when Tracking Numbers were from australia
when the order was shipped from south east pa, and timing seemed like it was in australia
which DW assured me it was shipped From here in PA.
as I said Decembr all changed and shipping took 3 Days instead of 3 weeks.
have so much coffee here yet almost 9 pounds yet. due to their Black friday, Etc sales
being so good I couldn't refuse 5 pound bags :tongue3:.
may be another 2 months before I test shipping again :coffee2:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My game camera going back to Birmingham, AL., has taken 12 days and is supposed to be delivered today! I think the Pony Express would have been faster!

usafaviator

Greenie
Feb 8, 2011
I have found that sending a package with insurance, any amount, tends to travel faster than the packages I ship without added insurance. I believe the PO prioritizes them and gets them through above others because they don’t want to take the financial risk of a claim. It’s worth a couple/few extra bucks to cover my butt and maybe get better/quicker handling of my shipment. Just my observation.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's freight I dropped off at the local USPS loading dock....middle of the afternoon put a few packages in our large mailbox out on the street. USPS guy never stopped to pick up or to deliver the mail yesterday. Today, I added a few more package to the mailbox out front, and waited. USPS mail truck goes bombing by at 6 pm, NEVER STOPS even though our flag has been up for two days.

So, I grab my keys, get in the truck, rescue the packages and take them with me, to track the driver down.

I track the driver down.

He says that his instructions are to just deliver packages, to stop for no flags or mail, and is not delivering mail, only packages. That's two day in a row of no planned mail delivery or package pickup.

I made sure he had a scanner and watched him scan in each of my packages, and he took them.

I was displeased.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just orderd my Vitamins off Ebay yesterday Afternoon 5:58 pm so it wont get shipped till today at the earliest. tracking Number is here this Morning and Predicted to be here Thursday 6th. if Normal and they ship today, will be here Wednsday. from N.J. We'll see.
of course our regular usps girl retired the end of the year. sort of in transition here,
on delivery times and quality of service

Last edited:

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the math 3 years ago on some packages from Pa. to Mo. Turns out the mail was running about 10 less miles per day than the Pony Express had run. I guess that's progress.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread