OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's freight I dropped off at the local USPS loading dock....middle of the afternoon put a few packages in our large mailbox out on the street. USPS guy never stopped to pick up or to deliver the mail yesterday. Today, I added a few more package to the mailbox out front, and waited. USPS mail truck goes bombing by at 6 pm, NEVER STOPS even though our flag has been up for two days.

So, I grab my keys, get in the truck, rescue the packages and take them with me, to track the driver down.

I track the driver down.

He says that his instructions are to just deliver packages, to stop for no flags or mail, and is not delivering mail, only packages. That's two day in a row of no planned mail delivery or package pickup.

I made sure he had a scanner and watched him scan in each of my packages, and he took them.

I was displeased.
Yeah, I'd have to make a call to the post master on that one.

Stormesweet

Greenie
Jan 24, 2022
Is USPS absolutely freaking failing for anyone else right now? Some priority packages are taking 10+ days to get there and of course, buyers are being impatient. It's like the junk you seen whenever covid first came about. They said it's because employees are quarantined due to covid. Anyone have any input? Is this type of thing happening to anyone else or is it just my main hub?
I only ship via USPS Priority 1-3 day shipping - it's been 100% reliable and on time for domestic. Shipping to Canada, otoh had me on the verge of going postal.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just orderd my Vitamins off Ebay yesterday Afternoon 5:58 pm so it wont get shipped till today at the earliest. tracking Number is here this Morning and Predicted to be here Thursday 6th. if Normal and they ship today, will be here Wednsday. from N.J. We'll see.
of course our regular usps girl retired the end of the year. sort of in transition here,
on delivery times and quality of service
still waiting for an update
I guess the inch of snow the noreaster dropped crippled them.
looks like disagreement on if it was shipped yet too.
I'd guess tomorrow is out unless it don't update till it is at my post office.

000a.jpg

000.jpg

Last edited:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still waiting for an update
I guess the inch of snow the noreaster dropped crippled them.
looks like disagreement on if it was shipped yet too.
I'd guess tomorrow is out unless it don't update till it is at my post office.

View attachment 2007152
View attachment 2007153
I was talking to my regular USPS driver yesterday about a package that a substitute driver picked up. It is only scanned as picked up but not as having moved out into or out of a facility. He says it is not uncommon for workers to think they scanned something when they had not, if handling a lot of packages at once. For what it's worth.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only ship via USPS Priority 1-3 day shipping - it's been 100% reliable and on time for domestic. Shipping to Canada, otoh had me on the verge of going postal.
That's good yours has been on time because that's one of the ones I'm having trouble with. 2 and 3 day priority packages sitting in a random hub for 10 days before moving again

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to my regular USPS driver yesterday about a package that a substitute driver picked up. It is only scanned as picked up but not as having moved out into or out of a facility. He says it is not uncommon for workers to think they scanned something when they had not, if handling a lot of packages at once. For what it's worth.
Your item arrived at our QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on February 1, 2022 at 11:54 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

USPS expects to deliver your package by Friday, February 4, 2022 arriving by 9:00pm.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ship most of our items media rate, sometime we upgrade to First Class Package or Priority - they all take about the same amount of time to arrive.
Yesterday i sent a book to someone in OK . They told me 4 days media, They also told me 2 days priority. so i spent the extra money and sent it Priority to make the person happier. Now it is tracking thrusday or friday :( Where will this era stop ?

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday i sent a book to someone in OK . They told me 4 days media, They also told me 2 days priority. so i spent the extra money and sent it Priority to make the person happier. Now it is tracking thrusday or friday :( Where will this era stop ?
Basic systems in the US are breaking down. I'd say more, but we would need to move to the political forums.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your item arrived at our QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on February 1, 2022 at 11:54 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

USPS expects to deliver your package by Friday, February 4, 2022 arriving by 9:00pm.
on time

Your item is out for delivery on February 3, 2022 at 6:23 am in TOWER CITY, PA 17980.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha just be happy it didn't go by train through Los Angeles.

View attachment 2004873
Or like my last package. Went from Az. By truck to the RR. Then on to Ohio. A couple more trucks to a terminal for a train going west. Not too bad you say? Didn't realize till I opened the box it was shipped from the next town over! Yup! a 11 minute drive from my house! There ya go folks! Tax payer dollars hard at work.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions