Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the type of country we spent a lot of time hiking around in. We never encountered any other hikers. I had a good time, but it was nice to get home where it's 20 degrees cooler and gas is 50 cents cheaper.

Attachments

• 6-10g.jpg
    6-10g.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 25

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seemed to notice a bit of reduction in travelers for this time of the year on my trips to far western Colorado. I'm thinking these higher fuel prices may have something to do with it. Yeah it's getting pretty warm. I think it hit 99 yesterday here on the front range.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Horsethief campground was a little less populated this time. Usually, long about after 5 p.m., traffic starts comin in and they circle till about the middle of the night lookin for a spot, but they clear out after daylight. These were people who couldn't find a spot in the more popular campgrounds, but that reservation system may have taken care of that, as they have a spot already. On 128 along the river all those campgrounds were full. Moab was a circus as usual. Gas was high and went up every day it seemed, I paid $4.89 first day, $5.15 last day, it was hot, and since BLM screwed up on their controlled burns they dictated no wood or charcoal fires, propane stoves only over most of SE Utah. (Kinda puts people off for some reason.) Traffic was light until I got closer to home in what they call the 'Mountain Corridor', and I guess everybody who had a car was out there.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures, Rginn! Beautiful country. Wife and I and friends took a motorcycle trip through that country a few years ago!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Camped out north of Moab with my son for 4 nights last week. Luckily I was there first so I could find a spot with some shade. Set up my little storage tent and slept outside. Found out I was a little too geared up for sleeping, as it was 80 degrees by 6a.m. One blanket was fine.
Beautiful landscapes there 👍

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Camped out north of Moab with my son for 4 nights last week. Luckily I was there first so I could find a spot with some shade. Set up my little storage tent and slept outside. Found out I was a little too geared up for sleeping, as it was 80 degrees by 6a.m. One blanket was fine.
I was born in Utah
Beautiful State!

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seemed to notice a bit of reduction in travelers for this time of the year on my trips to far western Colorado. I'm thinking these higher fuel prices may have something to do with it. Yeah it's getting pretty warm. I think it hit 99 yesterday here on the front range.

yeah, I live in Arizona, and I typically take the family somewhere in the Summer for a vacation, like in Colorado and just drive in our SUV. But this summer I prefer to take a break from it, and just save some money if I can. The wife hasn't brought up wanting to go anywhere, and I've just stayed quiet about it, haha. But I have taken a few random day off from work to go somewhere locally for the day.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Utah, but it can get hot. Was there one year and it was 105 by noon in Arches N.P. Spent 2 days there and decided to move where it was a little cooler.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Utah, but it can get hot. Was there one year and it was 105 by noon in Arches N.P. Spent 2 days there and decided to move where it was a little cooler.
I grew up in Oklahoma where I used to chop cotton and it would get up around a 100 every day. Worked road construction in Western Oklahoma when I was a teenager and same story, so you think I'd be used to it. After 18 years in the mountains, 80's about my comfort limit. First day in Utah was a little rough, but I got adjusted after that.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some reL beautiful scenery pictures.
It's an artist/photographers dream to play in so many spots.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some reL beautiful scenery pictures.
It's an artist/photographers dream to play in so many spots.
It is beautiful in Utah and many amazing sunsets too.

Arches National Park and the La Sal Mountains Utah.jpg

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the beautiful pictures
Love the scenery