Uvalde, Tejas

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also scare people
If it,s that serious,you ain,t gonna scare anybody. Not a good idea to have a gun to scare people. If it,s loaded,and the situation requires it, you don,t have to shoot.But you should be prepared to shoot,you can,t shoot with an unloaded gun. With a loaded gun you have the option if needed.No bullets,no option if it goes South.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can also scare people
Or inspire them to shoot you for pointing a gun at them.

Treating a gun as empty has had more than one discharged after. I understand treating them all as loaded is the ideal safe method of handling them.
But not by displaying an empty one in any intention of bluffing anyone.

We need a new verse added to the train crossing safety song!

"Bluff a felon with an empty gun , wake up dead , and minus a lung."

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of the blame is the culture. What I mean by that is kids watch T.V and in the movie you have someone always with a gun killing people ,it is what makes the movie. The violence is in a make believe world they turn into reality.
Also I blame the parents.
When I grew up the violence was always a good guy shooting the bad guy now it is indiscriminate violence where no value is placed on life or the consequences of actually committing such a gross atrocity. Growing up my parents made me take NRA junior affiliate safety courses. I was so young that when I took the safety class that in the book I was required to read.... it said never mix alcohol with firearms. I thought back then at that age if you mixed them together they would explode.
My point being is we never thought of firearms as anything more than a tool. You had a beef with someone you fought it out and never considered using a gun.Now with the media,video games and Hollywood the kids very easily transition firearms to mean violence and pay back.
Many inter city kids today can not separate fiction from reality and without strong parents and mentors they will continue another generation that will be even worse.
These is much more to this debate and am afraid we will wrestle with it a long time.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Well,you can join the Army and be trained to kill people you,ve never even met and in extreme cases be drafted against your will for the same thing when you,re 18. Seems to me there,s something screwed up about that too.If you,re not mature enough to drink alcohol,you,re not mature enough to survive combat without serious mental problems. That said I,d go for the 21 years to buy a gun if the age to join the Military is raised to 21. However,it,d probably be harder to get a bunch of 21 year olds to charge a hill than a bunch of 18 year olds.More mature,less amenable to bullshit. I,m a Marine Corps veteran,been there,joined at 19.
"I'm a Marine Corps veteran,been there joined at 19"
Well,that answers my Question.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Have them behind Glass,in the Hallways,like Fire Hoses.Hahaha.
Still take too long to access and load the weapons.These things take place in seconds,as far as responding goes.If you,re the trained person and see a man stalking the halls with a weapon,you have to respond NOW! By time you retrieve a weapon from a locked cabinet or such,it,s too late. That,s if you are the one with the keys and you don,t need to hunt him or her up. Any person in a locked school with a weapon should be shot,immediately.That requires the personal possession at all time of your weapon.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
it said never mix alcohol with firearms. I thought back then at
I think a lot of the blame is the culture. What I mean by that is kids watch T.V and in the movie you have someone always with a gun killing people ,it is what makes the movie. The violence is in a make believe world they turn into reality.
Also I blame the parents.
When I grew up the violence was always a good guy shooting the bad guy now it is indiscriminate violence where no value is placed on life or the consequences of actually committing such a gross atrocity. Growing up my parents made me take NRA junior affiliate safety courses. I was so young that when I took the safety class that in the book I was required to read.... it said never mix alcohol with firearms. I thought back then at that age if you mixed them together they would explode.
My point being is we never thought of firearms as anything more than a tool. You had a beef with someone you fought it out and never considered using a gun.Now with the media,video games and Hollywood the kids very easily transition firearms to mean violence and pay back.
Many inter city kids today can not separate fiction from reality and without strong parents and mentors they will continue another generation that will be even worse.
These is much more to this debate and am afraid we will wrestle with it a long time.
"it said never mix alcohol with firearms."
Hahaha,tell that to a Texan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread