Aug 16, 2008
Warrensburg,Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!
My wife and I, are currently on vacation in Cozumel, today was the first Day I attempted to use my metal detector, which was at a park in south South Cozumel(?Mr.Sancho?s?) upon entry to the park, they informed me that I cannot use my detector, which is well within their rights.
I am just posting this to save someone else the chore of lugging their gear around for no reason. I informed them that they should post a note saying ? the use of metal detectors is not allowed on the premises? as a courtesy.

i will update this post as I travel around Cozumel during the remainder of my trip.
have a great day!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, have tickets booked. i wanted to bring the nox n only hunt in the water or on the beach. Sounds worrisome. I'd better call the resort n see whats the word.

GLekter

Feb 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, too, sometimes have thoughts of taking my metal detector on trips, but when I travel mostly, I want to relax and enjoy my vacation. The last place I was able to visit was a beautiful castle in Germany. In general, I am not a fan of such excursions. But after I came across an interesting article that told the story of this castle, I immediately wanted to visit it. Who knows about history, it will be very informative for you to find yourself there. King Ludwig II, who built this castle for himself and his solitude, lived in it only two years before death. So I, as someone who knows history, was very interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time but only found a tiny silver and a tungsten ring. I never left the resort and it had been hunted recently enough to see fan holes on the bottom in the better looking areas. Many items were too deep in the crevices of the coral to retrieve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread