Vancouver Island -- First timer

Island_Hunter

Mar 31, 2013
Nanaimo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GoldScrambler,

I too am new to all of this, but have sure been having a lot of fun hunting around. I have found traces of gold and just came across a very nice fossil bed this week. Are you interested in going out and doing a little prospecting sometime? Drop me a line.

Cheers,
Island_hunter

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to both of you to Treasure Net !!
I have fond memories of visiting Van. Is.; especially the Nanaimo area while researching the loss of the S.S. Pacific, lost off Juan de Fuca in the 1800s, after colliding with a vessel headed to Nanaimo for coal.
Great (catch your own) lobster and salmon dinners--good memories.
Don....

adam h

Nov 12, 2013
Theres a fair bit of spannish history on bc's west coast, theres also "not many people looking" out here, and due to the non existent placer title availability theres barley any placer or aluvial mining, so that means theres alot to be discovered here.
Theres a few good target areas .
Also you could dig a bit anywhere and find anything like gems , gold ,silver and platinum.
So giver!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grave digging this Topic, wondering if others from Van island are still around?!
Just got an AT Pro with AT Pinpointer ready to make some new friends, dig and explore!

PM me if wanted or reply back here!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there BC Hunter!

Yeah, I'm still active and always looking for new digging friends. I have always driven past Nanoose bay thinking there as to be some old turn of the century goodies around the area but have never really looked. More than happy to meet up for coffee one day :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread