Vandal

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
After about a week, we checked this camera trap yesterday and found everything had been trashed.
The first two pictures showed a bear then a ton of blacked out photos because the camera case had been pulled off it's mount and was face down on the ground.
The camera housing is a modified pelican case and the flash housings are lock and lock containers similar to tupperware.

Everything still works, I just have to replace two lock and lock containers.

Attachments

• DEF3PNG-1.png
    DEF3PNG-1.png
    959.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DEF3PNG2-1.png
    DEF3PNG2-1.png
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 180PNG.png
    180PNG.png
    758.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 183PNG.png
    183PNG.png
    697.8 KB · Views: 42

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure did mess up the equipment. At least you know the one responsible for the damage.
What model of camera is that Ron, it sure takes quality photos?

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After about a week, we checked this camera trap yesterday and found everything had been trashed.
The first two pictures showed a bear then a ton of blacked out photos because the camera case had been pulled off it's mount and was face down on the ground.
The camera housing is a modified pelican case and the flash housings are lock and lock containers similar to tupperware.

The nice thing about trail cameras is they are out 24 hours a day .I have about 6 that are out and in operation pretty much year around . A large majority of the pictures that they take end up being deleted .But once in a while you get something better than you expected. Here is a nice picture that captured a nice buck crossing a newly harvested corn field ..Even though the antlers blend in very good .It is obviously a pretty good size buck The harvested corn had been standing about a half a day earlier Thanks For looking
010.JPG

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Incredible Thanks again for sharing
Perhaps one day you can show me how to assemble one.
I always have so many moments in the yard where I wish I had pictures to tell
Take care

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nice thing about trail cameras is they are out 24 hours a day .I have about 6 that are out and in operation pretty much year around . A large majority of the pictures that they take end up being deleted .But once in a while you get something better than you expected. Here is a nice picture that captured a nice buck crossing a newly harvested corn field ..Even though the antlers blend in very good .It is obviously a pretty good size buck The harvested corn had been standing about a half a day earlier Thanks For looking View attachment 2032965
Nice Buck
They are such a beautiful sight to see
and to think how strong and powerful they are from eating plants etc.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Incredible Thanks again for sharing
Perhaps one day you can show me how to assemble one.
I always have so many moments in the yard where I wish I had pictures to tell
Take care
Thanks Bill, You can do a search in youtube for " DSLR camera trapping ".... There are a lot of good how to videos on there. That's how I got started.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread