VERY STRANGE COINSTAR HAUL...............

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VERY STRANGE COINSTAR HAUL.........
For various reasons, I have only been able to get out detecting one time since April of 2018.
But since joining T-Net, I became aware of "Coinstar Hunting". Never did it before until I read about
the finds of others on this site. So I always check them when I go out shopping etc. Over the past 4 years, I have found enough coins to over-fill a 1 quart plastic Yogurt container. Some Mercs, silver Rosies, silver Washingtons, lots of Wheaties, Euros, & misc. foreign coins, along with modern pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters,
tokens & washers.
But last night the reject tray at the local supermarket was LOADED with coins. So much so that the coins were backed up into the chute that sends them into the tray. I was shoveling fistfuls into my left pants pocket one after another feeling very self-conscious & scroungy. But, here's the strange thing.
There was a total of 357 coins. 350 were Memorial Cents, 5 were zinc shield pennies, one 1987 Canadian Cent, & one 1985 Canadian Quarter. NOT ONE WHEATIE !!! And, strangely, except for the 2 Canadians,
there seemed to be NO REASON for them all to be rejected. They weren't sticky or stuck together with any kind of gunk on them. VERY ODD. But hey, I added about $3.80 to my net worth !!!!!
ps. I wish they were all Krugerrands !! I'm sure every now & then one of those sneaks through the machines around the country. . I'll be having dreams now !!
On second thought, I'm wondering if the machine has some kind of malfunction or is so full it can't accept any new coins & they go to the reject tray? I'm going to make a special trip back there later today to check out the situation. I'll check in and keep everyone up to speed on what's happening. CHEERS !!!! J.T.G.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES Jose The Goon :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to COINSTAR FINDS for more exposure.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's quite the haul of coinage. Congrats and good luck with your return trip back.

OP
OP
Jose The Goon

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I returned to the Coinstar machine today. Reject tray was empty. I sent through 100 zinc shield pennies just as a test. All of them registered & went through. No rejects. Coinstar was working fine. Will never know why so many memorial cents were rejected the other day. Happy hunting everyone. Enjoy the Summer. Best wishes for many spectacular finds. J.T.G.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions