Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the videos you've already posted.

As an owner of a Deus 1 my interest is in extensive head-to-head live hunt comparisons, in the field (I have very little interest in beach and water hunting), between the 1 and 2. Not air tests, not test gardens.

I've considered buying the 2 but only if I'm convinced it will literally find more than the 1. To be convinced I'd want to see one detector find a target, than see how the other detector reads that same target before the target is dug. And then repeat that process with as many targets as possible--just testing on a couple targets doesn't amount to much proof.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emil, I don't have time to drag the two detectors around in the woods in hopes of finding the targets your hoping to see so I can't do videos like that. Historically the detectors that have tested out the best have been the best performers in the field.
I don't even own a Deus I anymore. Why do you think that is?
The Deus II will find targets the DEUS I will not .....Thats the truth you can choose to believe it or not. I know the Deus I like the back of my hand..
I guess we could look at it like this....XP is running a con job ...The model that was released 10 yrs ago is equal to their latest and greastest.....Youtube would be flooded with videos showing that if it was true.

Last edited:

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your reply. I can appreciate that you don't see it being worth your time dragging both out for a comparison, but that's what I'd need. I have no doubt you believe the new version is superior to the original, but anecdotal evidence isn't proof (sorry, I come from the science and statistics side).

I'm glad you're confident enough to abandon the Deus 1. If I had both the 1 and 2 I'm pretty confident I'd prefer the 2 and I would also abandon the 1, but I'd like to know if it would be because it would make it easier to find a target or it would literally find more targets.

I've watched Deus 1 vs Deus 2 live comparisons online, mostly from the UK, and they're helpful and do in fact point to you being correct that the new machine at least makes detecting valid targets easier than the original, and those tests alone may be enough to make me decide to purchase the 2.

I responded to your post because you asked. No problem if it's not worth your time. I actually don't blame you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I want to help but short answer is I already know...I just dont have time to do what your talking about. You have to remember I used the Deus I a bunch.....The fast program on the Deus 2 will hit both low and high conductors good at the same time....You would have to run the Deus I in two different programs to even get close to the fast program.
So for that one reason alone the Deus II will find more....Unless you want to hunt the same ground with Deus I twice set up in a different FREQ ..Follow what I am trying to say?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I follow perfectly and had already made the assumption that XP wouldn't have released a detector that didn't outperform its earlier model, even while it was still in development.

What I want to know is in specifically what ways the machine is superior. The two most obvious possibilities are it finds more targets, and/or it finds targets easier. Since I'm interested in technology (sometimes simply for technology's sake) it in some ways matters to me why I would consider it a "better" detector.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont do Who DOO VOO DOO nail test. I have already showed Houdini's tricks. If you would like I can make them live again on YouTube. I will make them live for you go check them out . It will who doo voodoo nail test ...There are a few videos ...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the major differences you'll find between the D1 and D2 is at a salt water beach. Absolutely no comparison, the D2 is miles better in every aspect, not to mention, fully waterproof good enough for shallow dives. Regardless of brands, true SMF is also much better than selective multifrequency or single frequency for general use. Now, I'm sure you can find a specific instance where there is no difference between the D1 and D2 performance, but, with all the extra adjustability of the D2, it will work better at most venues in just about every way.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the major differences you'll find between the D1 and D2 is at a salt water beach. Absolutely no comparison, the D2 is miles better in every aspect, not to mention, fully waterproof good enough for shallow dives. Regardless of brands, true SMF is also much better than selective multifrequency or single frequency for general use. Now, I'm sure you can find a specific instance where there is no difference between the D1 and D2 performance, but, with all the extra adjustability of the D2, it will work better at most venues in just about every way.
You said it very well!

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
any request?
Appreciate all you do. Learned quite a bit. You and TN, TN can get deep and if you don't pay attention, you can get lost real quick. I just keep watching as you put them out. Hope your feeling better. Also hope the new Ver. 072 addresses FT. I like FT but have come off it in the dirt. Water, I use it.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FT needs to be improved

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Hi Calabash, I see a lot of D2 users griping about the falsing over iron (as compared to the D1). I think any tips, tricks or tutorials on how to deal with that would be welcomed.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my Deus II, so much I sold all my other detectors. That said, it is deeper, the discriminator is better, I can better hear the targets and the VDI is great, the salt water mode rocks it at the beach, I don't go in the water. And it's at least an inch deeper on little targets, like a small button. Now for the temps to regulate so I can go outside again.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As posted in another of your postings I would like to see some vid's posted on Fresh Water hunting with the Deus 2.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he just posted one.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread