All Treasure Hunting

rogueaviation

Apr 23, 2015
Grand Haven, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like nobody has picked this one up yet, so I'll have a crack at it. A long time ago, I used to clean windshields pretty regularly. They were all plastic so we used this stuff in a can, and wiped it in the direction of the scratches to make the scratches clear and clean. Might give it a try, or a locally available substitute. I think there's a Honda brand available at motor cycle shops as well. At least there used to be when I did that kind of work. I'm sure the auto parts store has something similar.

--Matt

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Can anybody give me some advice on how to clean up the viewfinder on my AT pro? It’s very scratched. Some very fine scratches and a few deep ones. I tried toothpaste but I wasn’t successful with that. Any suggestions? Thank you.
There is a brand of wax products called New Finish. I successfully removed scratches from my old Eurotech screen. It was New Finish scratch remover. Use a small amount and a soft cloth. I don't know if it will remove deep scratches, but worked great on the finer scatches.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Hi. Can anybody give me some advice on how to clean up the viewfinder on my AT pro? It’s very scratched. Some very fine scratches and a few deep ones. I tried toothpaste but I wasn’t successful with that. Any suggestions? Thank you.
You do know that you can just remove the face decal on your screen and replace with a new one?? I just did mine. It was all scratched and it had a air bubble between making it hard to see the numbers in the sun light. I called Garrett and they sent me out a new one free. Give them a call, they’ll send you one for free. Videos on YouTube how to replace the decal.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do know that you can just remove the face decal on your screen and replace with a new one?? I just did mine. It was all scratched and it had a air bubble between making it hard to see the numbers in the sun light. I called Garrett and they sent me out a new one free. Give them a call, they’ll send you one for free. Videos on YouTube how to replace the decal.
If you want to do it yourself, grab a headlight restoration kit. Then when you're done get on those head/tail lights!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread