vintage detectors

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Sadly, there simply isn't much of a collector market for vintage machines. And when people here are tossing out dates for "vintage" as stuff from the 1970s/80s, then .... most certainly .... there's no market. Since SO MANY MACHINES were sold in that era, that it's not hard to find them at Flea markets, garage sales, Ebay, etc....

And even if you could find and substantiate detectors from the earlier era (machines capable of finding single-coins, that date to the later 1950s/early 1960s), there is , sadly , just not any collectors :(

R.I.P. :(

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, there simply isn't much of a collector market for vintage machines. And when people here are tossing out dates for "vintage" as stuff from the 1970s/80s, then .... most certainly .... there's no market. Since SO MANY MACHINES were sold in that era, that it's not hard to find them at Flea markets, garage sales, Ebay, etc....

And even if you could find and substantiate detectors from the earlier era (machines capable of finding single-coins, that date to the later 1950s/early 1960s), there is , sadly , just not any collectors :(

R.I.P. :(
I made over $1500 dollars selling some of those coils and machines, and I still have several of them, So people do want them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions