Visiting Iowa City

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Heading out to Iowa City for work and wondering if metal detecting is allowed in city parks or other public areas? Will be there at the end of this month through mid-Sept. so wondering if I should bring metal detector or not.

Jim (49er)

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 308
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 299

kglong

Feb 19, 2007
Marengo, IA.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites 6000, Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax,Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49ER,
You can hunt the parks and other public areas. They have been hunted quite afew times, but I am sure there is still alot of stuff to find. Good Luck !!!!
Kglong

kglong

Feb 19, 2007
Marengo, IA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er, If you are still going to be in Iowa on the 2nd of Sept. you are welcome to come to our club meeting at 6:30 that night in Cedar Rapids. We always like having guest's from out of town. Cedar Rapids is only about 15 miles north of Iowa City. Happy Hunting!!!! :thumbsup:

Kglong

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
kglong said:
49er, If you are still going to be in Iowa on the 2nd of Sept. you are welcome to come to our club meeting at 6:30 that night in Cedar Rapids. We always like having guest's from out of town. Cedar Rapids is only about 15 miles north of Iowa City. Happy Hunting!!!! :thumbsup:

Kglong

Where are the meetings held and at what time on Sept. 2nd? I might be interested in coming over to see what the club is all about.

HH,

Dave

kglong

Feb 19, 2007
Marengo, IA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, our meetings start at 6:30 at the Heritage Area Agency on Aging building at the Kirkwood Comm. College on the first Wed. of every month. We would be glad to have you check us out. Kglong :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions