Volcanic nuggets

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
After watching a few videos and hearing many stories of volcanic nuggets am thinking of giving it a try ..Any thoughts on what detector to use ?? What i seen and heard the nuggets are in the 5 oz to kilo size i guess 1 oz would be small size . The depth with there $100 detector was about 6" to 12" what i seen . In some areas where am at high freq VLF are worthless due to iron in the soil .. Am guessing the machines they are using look to be VLF in the 5 to 10 khz range with 8" coils ... Any thoughts would be helpful

Upvote 0

Jcksnghst

Dec 16, 2021
What a VERY SPECIAL SPECIMENED ! NO tell on what the value could be for this SPECIAL FIND ! CONGRATS TO YOU !!:hello2:
Thank you. You're the first person to relay such a reaction to me. Most, on here especially, and all of the institutional professionals are trying their hand at debunking the claim. I Completely understand that, minus the jealousy/hating to towards it. I myself disregarded it when i first seen it. I, too, thought it was copper until it tested positive for gold.
Surely this is not the only specimen like this ever found. Since there are zero examples found for comparison I think that whenever one has been found it was melted thus separating the different parts from the whole. The red material is corundum (ruby¿) which makes this, in my opinion, a very important, exciting, and to me, priceless piece of Earth's several sciences. The heat required to form this specimen is unfathomable to me.
If you would, please share this find with others that may be able to help understand what I have.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you. You're the first person to relay such a reaction to me. Most, on here especially, and all of the institutional professionals are trying their hand at debunking the claim. I Completely understand that, minus the jealousy/hating to towards it. I myself disregarded it when i first seen it. I, too, thought it was copper until it tested positive for gold.
Surely this is not the only specimen like this ever found. Since there are zero examples found for comparison I think that whenever one has been found it was melted thus separating the different parts from the whole. The red material is corundum (ruby¿) which makes this, in my opinion, a very important, exciting, and to me, priceless piece of Earth's several sciences. The heat required to form this specimen is unfathomable to me.
If you would, please share this find with others that may be able to help understand what I have.
It could be very interesting to find out more about the process / geology involved.
Not seeing this in this part of the world how ever few are looking for it as well.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
I had a friend who went to New Guinea after gold there, 15 yrs ago!? Im pretty sure it was in a volcanic area too. The nuggets he said he saw there were more like river washed type and there were some big ones too. He said the amount being found was crazy. He also didn't stay long enough to find much. It was like some tropical wild west scene he said. Basically he left in fear of his life after getting a warning to go. I do remember him saying they were digging them out of virtually soil, nothing like our deposits here.
He was nuts so if he left it must have been bad.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a possibility that many of the Volcanic Fields in USA AMERICA, although old, some solidified, might contain nuggets too....or is that a bit far fetched???

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there a possibility that many of the Volcanic Fields in USA AMERICA, although old, some solidified, might contain nuggets too....or is that a bit far fetched???
The physics and geology of how these types of deposits are formed may not really be known. No two volcanos are the same and the physics and geology need the right events to take place.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Thanks.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
The physics and geology of how these types of deposits are formed may not really be known. No two volcanos are the same and the physics and geology need the right events to take place.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Thanks.
I heard one in New Guinea the volcano may have blown beneath an old lead. It was a theory. It may account for the river looking gold I heard about.
But the absence of any gravels, just the gold in dirt loam type has me baffled. There are a few places here in Victoria though where gold is found under just loam resting on clay. Zero gravel. Nuggets, some found up to 100s of Oz under a foot or two of loam, soil, resting on clay with absolutely zero gravel. Also in a place, Rheola. Famous for huge nuggets. In the diggers days, this is in a granite area, the biggest were found several feet above the bedrock, as virtual floaters, in just soil. Gold was found on bedrock there but that was with quartz and other gravels. Most of the biggys were well above it. Who knows on that and other fields like it, diggers drove deeper and past the best deposits for the smaller stuff going past the thumpers. Numerous were found there at Rheola in the early detecting days in the throw out heaps. Good size too! In just dirt. Which was the unmineralised, no gravel, dirt you would grow vegetables in!
It still remains a mystery here.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard one in New Guinea the volcano may have blown beneath an old lead. It was a theory. It may account for the river looking gold I heard about.
But the absence of any gravels, just the gold in dirt loam type has me baffled. There are a few places here in Victoria though where gold is found under just loam resting on clay. Zero gravel. Nuggets, some found up to 100s of Oz under a foot or two of loam, soil, resting on clay with absolutely zero gravel. Also in a place, Rheola. Famous for huge nuggets. In the diggers days, this is in a granite area, the biggest were found several feet above the bedrock, as virtual floaters, in just soil. Gold was found on bedrock there but that was with quartz and other gravels. Most of the biggys were well above it. Who knows on that and other fields like it, diggers drove deeper and past the best deposits for the smaller stuff going past the thumpers. Numerous were found there at Rheola in the early detecting days in the throw out heaps. Good size too! In just dirt. Which was the unmineralised, no gravel, dirt you would grow vegetables in!
It still remains a mystery here.
The goal of tracking down the events to make this type of deposit is the key to finding it.

The old saying that where the minerals are is what counts and not knowing everything is secondary.

However important knowing all of the events will likely let you find even more.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold can be found in volcanic rock i have mined in a volcano
the Elephant mine Soledad Mountain just south of mojave calif is the core of a old volcano and very rich in gold.
I found high grade gold ore when i mined there. at the elephant-eagle mine

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold can be found in volcanic rock i have mined in a volcano
the Elephant mine Soledad Mountain just south of mojave calif is the core of a old volcano and very rich in gold.
I found high grade gold ore when i mined there. at the elephant-eagle mine
Yep you are right about volcanic rock in general.

I'm thinking the topic of this thread is a different type of deposit / event / ore rock. I could be wrong about this.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nuggets can be found in and around volcanos for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread