OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the Letter of Columbus(As I know version)

This will be the page three paragraph three. This will be gibberish to most readers, but applying synonyms or figuring out the meaning of each word will give a paragraph that speaks about the mountain(Harkening Hill as San Salvador) that the party purchased from Elizabeth(as ISABELLA, Wood Family).

"Returned I heard in thirty, of San Salvador, first communities and people proclamation and display, and finding at the end of many leagues that nothing new appeared, because they fled. No towns nor villages with no kind of government. I heard from other Indians the first name of San Salvador. Proceeding northern coast inhabited by numberless people, the fleet that the Illustrious king and Queen, our Sovereigns gave me heard from other Indians. I know you will be rejoiced at the Queen. Our Sovereign gave me great many islands, in thirty, Queen, the Royal Majesty granted all this. The fleet that discovered call it Guanaham."

This is the reason why I used "Voyage to Guanaham" as the title of this thread.
It's pretty interesting that they bought the whole mountain thinking that they can place it there, but when they return to place the treasure, they found new Indian settlement in the area.

As to how they obtained the land will be explained in page 3 too. To give you an Idea, it's because of "MARIA".:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving on to the next paragraph of Page 3 using the Columbus letter.

Numbers 317, 28, 90, 82, 304, 71, 43, 221, 198, 178 and 310 will be.

returned I heard(317) in thirty(28) of San Salvador(90) first(82) communities and people(304) proclamation and display(71) and(43) finding at the end of many leagues that nothing new appeared(221) because they fled(198) no towns nor villages(178) with no kind of government(310)

These numbers will be about when they returned to the area to bury the treasure. I believe that they purchased the mountain named or written here as "SAN SALVADOR"(Harkening Hill).

When they came back to the area, they found new Indian settlement and cancelled the Harkening plan. It will be explained on the next paragraph.

Anyway.

Number 317,
"RETURNED I HEARD", explains what he HEARD WHEN HE RETURNED.

Number 28,
"IN THIRTY", I already explained this in page 1, which will mean as THE TOWN OF BEDFORD

Number 90,
"OF SAN SALVADOR", the mountain they purchased from the first settlers (Harkening Hill)

Number 82,
"FIRST", ->should refers to the people, First Settlers.

Number 304,
"COMMUNITIES AND PEOPLE", Verified by these number that number 82 refers to these people.

number 71,
"PROCLAMATION AND DISPLAY, Again, the word Proclamation from the root word proclaim means SPEAK, and the word DISPLAY refers to Vision, something that can be SEEN. I will rephrase this words into "CAN BE ENCOUNTERED(Talk to)" and "CAN BE FOUND"

Then followed by their location.

Number 43,
"AND"

Number 221,
"AND FINDING AT THE END OF LEAGUES THAT NOTHING NEW APPEARED", can be translated as.
AND FOUND/LOCATED AT THE END OF (SPANISH) MILES THAT NOTHING NEW APPEARED.

Why nothing appeared there? It will be explained in....

Number 198,
"BECAUSE THEY FLED", Refers to people. The people from the Town of Bedford going to Peaks of Otter Fled. The reason why they Fled will be explained in these letter.

These statements were again verified by the next number...

Number 178,
"NO TOWNS NOR VILLAGES" , (Verified once)

Number 310,
"WITH NO KIND OF GOVERNMENT (Verified twice)

Full paragraph (Rephrased)

When I returned, I heard in the town of Bedford that in Harkening Hill, the first communities and people can be encountered, and is found at the end of many miles that nothing new appeared because they fled. No towns nor villages, with no kind of government.

OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next paragraph will be about the name of the Mountain..And that they found new Indian settlement in the area when they returned.

I heard from other Indians(319) the first(81) name of San Salvador(89) proceeding(264) northern coast(380) inhabited by numberless people(56) The fleet that the illustrious king and Queen our sovereigns gave me(37) heard from other Indians(319)

OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Numbers 319, 81, 89, 264, 380, 56, 37 and 319 will be

I heard from other Indians(319) the first(81) name of San Salvador(89) proceeding(264) northern coast(380) inhabited by numberless people(56) The fleet that the illustrious king and Queen our sovereigns gave me(37) heard from other Indians(319)

This is all about the mountain that they purchased from the first settlers, or from Elizabeth(Assuming Wood Smith). My research has led me to James Jopling's purchase of Harkening Hill, where Castleton Johnson later farmed, then it was purchased by his son in 1850's.

Anyway,

Number 319,
I HEARD FROM OTHER INDIANS, This number talks about another group of Indians. He heard from the people there that..

Number 81,
THE FIRST

Number 89,
NAME OF "SAN SALVADOR", -> Name given to a mountain(He gave this name, it was not on maps, Just Columbus naming of land references). Base on hints and descriptions, it is the HARKENING HILL.

These numbers talks about the HARKENING HILL'S NAME that came from OTHER INDIANS. Could it be the reason why it's name is STILL QUESTIONABLE until now? HARKING, HARKNING, HARKENING...No one knows how it's name was derived until now.

Number 264,
PROCEEDING,
From google.
*begin or continue a course of action.
*move forward, especially after reaching a certain point.

Number 380,
NORTHERN COAST, Note that the word "COAST" was used in both page 1 and 3 of the message as "ROUTE,PATH or ROAD"

What is further north?

Number 56,
INHABITED BY NUMBERLESS PEOPLE

From here, the topic gets a little bit interesting...
How did he know that there are people there?

Number 37,
THE FLEET THAT THE ILLUSTRIOUS KING AND QUEEN OUR SOVEREIGNS GAVE ME, Aliases revealed as

1. JOHN WOOD(Illustrious King)
2. ELIZABETH WOOD SMITH(Queen)
3. BEALE PARTY(sovereigns)

Note that the word "FLEET" was used as "GROUP" of people...so this number will be..

THE GROUP THAT JOHN, ELIZABETH AND THE PARTY GAVE ME

I think this should be his guides, explained in page 1 that ->
THE GROUP THAT THE "ILLUSTRIOUS KING", EXCELLING ANY, SENT TWO MEN TO INTRODUCE AND GUIDE US.
What did those people say?

Number 319,
HEARD FROM OTHER INDIANS,

those people heard that the route further north of Harkening Hill will lead so this "OTHER INDIANS". It seems to me that those guides did not really saw such Indians that Beale referred to as "Hiding Indians".

Google maps shows that there seems to be an old route in the Harkening Hill. From Peaks of Otter to Munford Area. No exact detail about the location but it was repeteadly told that there are some Indians Hiding in Harkening Hill.

Full paragraph combined should be.(RETRANSLATED)

I HEARD THE FIRST NAME OF "SAN SALVADOR" CAME FROM OTHER INDIANS. PROCEEDING NORTHERN ROUTE, IS INHABITED BY NUMBERLESS PEOPLE. THE GROUP THAT JOHN, ELIZABETH AND THE PARTY GAVE ME HEARD IT WAS FROM OTHER INDIANS.

Remember page 1?
it was impossible to speak to the chief, with this I gave many things. The name of SAN SALVADOR is given to the THIRD MOUNTAIN owned by His Divine Majesty and Fernandina.

More data is needed.

franklin

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Numbers 319, 81, 89, 264, 380, 56, 37 and 319 will be

This is all about the mountain that they purchased from the first settlers, or from Elizabeth(Assuming Wood Smith). My research has led me to James Jopling's purchase of Harkening Hill, where Castleton Johnson later farmed, then it was purchased by his son in 1850's.

Anyway,

Number 319,
I HEARD FROM OTHER INDIANS, This number talks about another group of Indians. He heard from the people there that..

Number 81,
THE FIRST

Number 89,
NAME OF "SAN SALVADOR", -> Name given to a mountain(He gave this name, it was not on maps, Just Columbus naming of land references). Base on hints and descriptions, it is the HARKENING HILL.

These numbers talks about the HARKENING HILL'S NAME that came from OTHER INDIANS. Could it be the reason why it's name is STILL QUESTIONABLE until now? HARKING, HARKNING, HARKENING...No one knows how it's name was derived until now.

Number 264,
PROCEEDING,
From google.
*begin or continue a course of action.
*move forward, especially after reaching a certain point.

Number 380,
NORTHERN COAST, Note that the word "COAST" was used in both page 1 and 3 of the message as "ROUTE,PATH or ROAD"

What is further north?

Number 56,
INHABITED BY NUMBERLESS PEOPLE

From here, the topic gets a little bit interesting...
How did he know that there are people there?

Number 37,
THE FLEET THAT THE ILLUSTRIOUS KING AND QUEEN OUR SOVEREIGNS GAVE ME, Aliases revealed as

1. JOHN WOOD(Illustrious King)
2. ELIZABETH WOOD SMITH(Queen)
3. BEALE PARTY(sovereigns)

Note that the word "FLEET" was used as "GROUP" of people...so this number will be..

THE GROUP THAT JOHN, ELIZABETH AND THE PARTY GAVE ME

I think this should be his guides, explained in page 1 that ->
THE GROUP THAT THE "ILLUSTRIOUS KING", EXCELLING ANY, SENT TWO MEN TO INTRODUCE AND GUIDE US.
What did those people say?

Number 319,
HEARD FROM OTHER INDIANS,

those people heard that the route further north of Harkening Hill will lead so this "OTHER INDIANS". It seems to me that those guides did not really saw such Indians that Beale referred to as "Hiding Indians".

Google maps shows that there seems to be an old route in the Harkening Hill. From Peaks of Otter to Munford Area. No exact detail about the location but it was repeteadly told that there are some Indians Hiding in Harkening Hill.

Full paragraph combined should be.(RETRANSLATED)

I HEARD THE FIRST NAME OF "SAN SALVADOR" CAME FROM OTHER INDIANS. PROCEEDING NORTHERN ROUTE, IS INHABITED BY NUMBERLESS PEOPLE. THE GROUP THAT JOHN, ELIZABETH AND THE PARTY GAVE ME HEARD IT WAS FROM OTHER INDIANS.

Remember page 1?
it was impossible to speak to the chief, with this I gave many things. The name of SAN SALVADOR is given to the THIRD MOUNTAIN owned by His Divine Majesty and Fernandina.

More data is needed.
I hate to be the one to tell you but I do not believe anything you have posted has anything to do with the Beale Treasure. I have recently made three trips up there to survey the area. If there actually is a treasure I believe I have located it. The treasure is about 12 feet long and 8 feet wide. I have not been on the land as I have not contacted the landowner yet. I have circled the area from all different directions and everything says there is a treasure located at this particular spot. But whether it is the Beale Treasure or not will have to be seen. I located this particular spot because of going through what Clayton and George Hart did in their research. It has taken a few years but I do believe I have the market cornered on the Beale Treasure.

OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be the one to tell you but I do not believe anything you have posted has anything to do with the Beale Treasure. I have recently made three trips up there to survey the area. If there actually is a treasure I believe I have located it. The treasure is about 12 feet long and 8 feet wide. I have not been on the land as I have not contacted the landowner yet. I have circled the area from all different directions and everything says there is a treasure located at this particular spot. But whether it is the Beale Treasure or not will have to be seen. I located this particular spot because of going through what Clayton and George Hart did in their research. It has taken a few years but I do believe I have the market cornered on the Beale Treasure.
Thank you so much sir Franklin!

I hope we will have an ending soon. I personally believe that the party retrieved it long time ago.

I am hoping that you or someone can find evidence that the spot was altered. Maybe you can find Iron pot covers, old ropes, shovels, gold dust, old spoon or whatever things that the beale party might have accidentally left, something valuable to other researchers. I would also love to see if there really is a Spanish trees(assuming Oak Trees) in that area. Or maybe check if there is a huge hole on the ground. Who knows, they might be lazy enough not to cover that spot.

I don't really know what experts will do to find such evidence. I believe there is no more GOLD and Silver there sir Franklin. We will be lucky enough if we can find at least 1 evidence that the party really went there.

Photos of Spanish Trees will be appreciated.

OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir Franklin, here are some references about the exact spot. Feel free to use this or re-translate it if you want to. I wish the landowner will give you permission to explore the area. Thank you.

and lovely as trees are in(485) Hispaniola(604) appeared and that the coast led northward(230) peaks incomparably higher than in centre isle(436) Vast mines of gold and other metals in this island(664) and there are many kinds of birds and a great variety of fruits(582) that isle toward the west(150) to make for the south(251) to find out whether there was any king or large city(284) but with no kind of government(308) and that the coast led northward(231) the fourth(124) fail to see some great cities(211) and lovely as trees are in Spain(486)

I have taken possession(63) set in(246) lovely as trees are in Spain(486) nor are they fit for them(682) reJOiced at the glorious success that our Lord has given(7) and finding at the end of(219) a few small settlements where it was impossible to speak to(184) the eastward(360) and succeeded in talking to them I gave them some of everything I had(780) me in my voyage(18) I have taken possession for their higHNess(64) that they seem to touch the sky(463) that they never lose their foliage(474) thus(131) that I thought it might be the mainland(160) opposition to the(79) display of the Royal Standard(73) in the centre isle(440) of his divine majesty(95) In my voyage I (18) have taken possession for their highness(64) and there(581) the Indies(34) Highness(69) fifth Juana(128) which I gave the name of HispaNIola(367) so high that they seem to touch the sky(460)

OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will proceed to these numbers which speaks again of the land given by the first settlers of Peaks of Otter. It was even mentioned that Mary gave him the land which I believe is the Dooley-Johnson Farm.

Everyone there agreed to Mary's action.
See number 117 to number 96 its interesting.

I know you will be rejoiced at the(2) Queen our Sovereign gave me(44) great many islands(53) In thirty(28) Queen(44) the Royal(75) Majesty(98) granted all this(102) The fleet that(37) discovered(85) call it Guanaham(107) Santa Maria(117) have taken possession(64) the name(88) gave(136) me(48) isle toward the west(151) who has(99) found no towns(175) name of San Salvador(89) so they returned no iron nor steel nor weapons(315) taken that this(326) without opposition for(78) his Divine Majesty(96)

OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Questionable sentence was about land ownership.

Numbers 2, 44, 53, 28, 44, 75, 98, 102, 37,85, and 107 will be.

I know you will be rejoiced at the(2) Queen our Sovereign gave me(44) great many islands(53) In thirty(28) Queen(44) the Royal(75) Majesty(98) granted all this(102) The fleet that(37) discovered(85) call it Guanaham(107)

Number 2,
I know you will be rejoiced at the ->followed by a person whom the reader will be rejoiced at

Number 44,
QUEEN(Elizabeth), our SOVEREIGN(Party) gave me

What did the party or Sovereign gave him?

Number 53
GREAT MANY ISLANDS, the word island here was used as place or LAND

Number 28
IN THIRTY, refers to the TOWN OF BEDFORD, see Bedford Boundaries. EIGHTEEN AND THIRTY is very crucial in solving this cipher.

What happened in the town of Bedford?

Number 44,
QUEEN(ELIZABETH)

How is she described?

Number 75,
THE ROYAL

Number 98,
MAJESTY

Number 102,
GRANTED ALL THIS, something like she allowed it. As if she processed the necessary papers for Land transfer.

Number 37,
THE FLEET(GROUP) THAT DISCOVERED

Number 107
CALL IT GUANAHAM.

Note that the land he acquired is the land in Harkening Hill. The community there he called as GUANAHAM. In the message, the party purchased it and gave it to him. Other hints about this land will be explained here in page 3. In this sentence, It was as if they purchased it and Elizabeth went to the town to process the papers to transfer land ownership.

I hope you are not confused about the naming of Lands. I can post land references if you want.

Here are the details that may sound funny, but its all there.

"SALVADOR" means the "SEACOAST OF A CERTAIN HARBOR TO THE END"(Not literal, this is the most important word in the cipher)
"SANTA MARIA" is the "JOHNSON ANCESTRAL HOME AREA", possible the home was originally the
"COMMEMORATION OF HIS DIVINE MAJESTY" or home of Elizabeth
"GUANAHAM" was the "MONS COMMUNITY AREA"
"SAN SALVADOR" is all of "HARKENING HILL"
"INDIES HIGHNESS(1)" is SHARPTOP MOUNTAIN
"INDIES HIGHNESS(2)" is TAYLORS MOUNTAIN
"JUANA" is the Place "SOUTH OF SHARPTOP"
"ISLAND GIVEN BY MARIA" is the "DOOLEY-JOHNSON FARM"
"CENTRE ISLE" is the Peaks of otter Winery Area.

Anyway, I don't want researchers to get confused. Ill just move on.

I KNOW YOU WILL BE REJOICED AT THE QUEEN. OUR PARTY GAVE ME MANY LANDS, IN THE TOWN OF BEDFORD THE QUEEN, THE ROYAL MAJESTY GRANTED(PROCESSED LAND TRANSFER) ALL THIS. THE GROUP THAT DISCOVERED CALL IT GUANAHAM.

OP
J

jhonnz41

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next will be.

Santa Maria(117) have taken possession(64) the name(88) gave(136) me(48) isle toward the west(151) who has(99) found no towns(175) name of San Salvador(89) so they returned no iron nor steel nor weapons(315) taken that this(326) without opposition for(78) his Divine Majesty(96) See some great cities(214) or towns and finding(218) no kind of government(311)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread