Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like seeing them even if they are deemed unremarkable, my posts haven’t been the greatest either but it’s still cool to think a piece like yours hasn’t been seen for 1,000 years and a nice little look into styles and material from another part of the country. Also a good way to learn more about na technology.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like seeing them even if they are deemed unremarkable, my posts haven’t been the greatest either but it’s still cool to think a piece like yours hasn’t been seen for 1,000 years and a nice little look into styles and material from another part of the country. Also a good way to learn more about na technology.
Yes I agree... interesting to see the differences in size, style and materials.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post most of my finds these days, they tend to be unremarkable, but this one I like. I would identify it as a Wahmuza, in the 1,000 year range give or take. These are found in the Columbia River drainage area, Washington/Oregon and up and down the coast. This was one of those, "last minute-lets pack it in," finds.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
no, it is a siliceous stone like a brown jasper.

interesting aside... I showed it to my local archeology connection and he said (not this piece but in general) when you see a point with a shoulder like that many times the actual point is the end that you think is the base. It looks like that because it has been resharpened over time again and again until it is discarded and blunt.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to echo some of the other comments.
Nice Knife! The size, material and workmanship -all will display nicely.

Last edited:

CloudKicker0

Jul 16, 2022
I don't post most of my finds these days, they tend to be unremarkable, but this one I like. I would identify it as a Wahmuza, in the 1,000 year range give or take. These are found in the Columbia River drainage area, Washington/Oregon and up and down the coast. This was one of those, "last minute-lets pack it in," finds.
Stunning!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread