Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button in the woods of central Virginia where I've been finding many flat buttons. here's what I know about it so far. It has a back mark of Phil Armitage .
The front has the letters '' REG'' at the bottom. the eagle is sitting on a federal shield , the shield is to the left and eagle is looking to the right.
the button is one piece convex it is pretty toasty on front and like new on the back . it is as clean at it's going to get . Thanks to DC Matt for giving me some info on this not so common button.
button.JPG
DSCN2520.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2517.JPG
    DSCN2517.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
Upvote 9

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button in the woods of central Virginia where I've been finding many flat buttons. here's what I know about it so far. It has a back mark of Phil Armitage .
The front has the letters '' REG'' at the bottom. the eagle is sitting on a federal shield , the shield is to the left and eagle is looking to the right.
the button is one piece convex it is pretty toasty on front and like new on the back . it is as clean at it's going to get . Thanks to DC Matt for giving me some info on this not so common button. View attachment 2010218 View attachment 2010219
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The front has the letters '' REG'' at the bottom. the eagle is sitting on a federal shield , the shield looking to the right.
the button is one piece convex it is pretty toasty on front and like new on the back . it is as clean at it's going to get . Thanks to DC Matt for giving me some info on this not so common button
Nice!!! Cong
the button is one piece convex it is pretty toasty on front and like new on the back . it is as clean at it's going to get . Thanks to DC Matt for giving me some info on this not so common button. View attachment 2010218 View attachment 2010219
72B0CF8B-22BF-4969-80F5-6156A3B4B118.jpeg 0C70019A-C79C-4FDE-BC65-C589DBA7335C.jpeg Looks like you have a catalogued button- Albert’s R16-Ga? It’s difficult to tell with the detail so I’ll give you the pics from my book and Have some fun figuring it out.

I must say, no matter what you found a rare button when considering the RV, although that’s changed slightly with the advent of detectors. GREAT FIND

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2012511 View attachment 2012512 Looks like you have a catalogued button- Albert’s R16-Ga? It’s difficult to tell with the detail so I’ll give you the pics from my book and Have some fun figuring it out.

I must say, no matter what you found a rare button when considering the RV, although that’s changed slightly with the advent of detectors. GREAT FIND
I think you nailed it . I found this one lone military button among 36 flat buttons . the only other targets were shotgun head stamps and a few nails .I better go back and dig some iffy signals . thanks again.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you nailed it . I found this one lone military button among 36 flat buttons . the only other targets were shotgun head stamps and a few nails .I better go back and dig some iffy signals . thanks again.
No problemo, good luck out there. Good digging an Va.

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problemo, good luck out there. Good digging an Va.
Digging in the area I'm in now is very slow as relics are very hard to come by. The first 30 years of detecting in Fredericksburg Va spoiled me. but it's more about the hunt then it is the relics at this point.

Salty

Dec 23, 2015
Coastal South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! Congrats on that one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread