War of 1812 NY Militia Plate!!!!!!...1819 LC

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I went out with some friends for a few hours...We went to one of my buddies spots...It was all woods and walls :icon_thumleft:
After about an hour of digging cans and shot gun shells i got a sweet tone...1819 LC...I was pretty happy right then...But as it got dark i turned on the head lamp and continued...I decided to stay around the area where i found the LC...Glad i did...I got a loud can signal, figured i should dig it so i wouldnt have to deal with it later...I dug and couldnt believe i was looking at a plate!!! It is a find of a lifetime for me and my favorite find...I took Iron Patches advice and dry cleaned only...it looks great and im EXTREMLY Happy with this plate...As there is a good chance i will not dig a second one... :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• eagle plate.jpg
    eagle plate.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,347
  • cleaned plate.jpg
    cleaned plate.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 1819lc.jpg
    1819lc.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,344
Upvote 3
OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
BuckleBoy said:
Didn't want to dig a can signal???!!! An aluminum can signal at an OLD site is one of the GREATEST signals in the World! I love 'em, and my heart starts to race when I get one! Very seldom do they turn out to be cans. :wink: ;D

Excellent job on the cleaning. Dry cleaning is what was needed. The patina looks a bit fragile, and the dry cleaning did the trick.

That's a stellar find!

Cheers,

Buckles
I was digging can signals...I had a pouch full of them...You have to dig them all out to get the good stuff...Where i hunt there is a bunch of cans and shot gun shells.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmmm. that's gonna make the banner... fo sho!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GORGEOUS! banner! :thumbsup:CONGRATS!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Extremely difficult find !! Once in a lifetime find, like the , 20 cent coin !! CMDdawg

mismi

Feb 10, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & White`s BeachHunter 300 ID
Both finds are incredible, but regardless, the plate is a banner find. When one clicks on a post such as this and the first thing you say or think is WOW...

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Does anyone know if there is a book out there that list these belt plates? I would like to find out some info on what varieties were made ect.. Thanks.... Brian W

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread