WARNING FRAUDS AT WORK

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
ANY TRANSACTION DONE ON THE INTERNET THAT IS FRAUD IS A FELONY. AND YOU CAN CALL THE FBI. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. DONT PLAY WITH THIS SO#.

YOURS TRULY, RETIRED POPO. / >:( HOMER007

desimundo

Sep 15, 2009
Newbie here and this is my first post. I am in the market for a new detector and came across your site.

I don't even know if calling a person to talk to them would work these days with pay-as-you-go, no-contract cell phones. A person could have one and get rid of it with no identifying information connected to the scammer. Just a thought. :-\

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
desimundo said:
Newbie here and this is my first post. I am in the market for a new detector and came across your site.

I don't even know if calling a person to talk to them would work these days with pay-as-you-go, no-contract cell phones. A person could have one and get rid of it with no identifying information connected to the scammer. Just a thought. :-\
You are right , it could get scarey at times....I sold a high $$$$$$ detector on e-bay and had no problems, but still had that thought "what if" ....Hope you pick you a good detector !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

goldinmyear

May 25, 2009
So. OREGON.
Detector(s) used
GP-EXTREME, LST, XLT.
The Postal money order is the safest way to go, Always cash it at the postoffice..it'ell be verified,
right there. if it does come up fraudulant...No Worries.. The FEDS will take it from there!! HH.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's all well & good to contact the feds
but Seriously, have they cracked
the Nigerian Scams yet ?
anyone know if they are even trying,
or just writing the worlds
largest novel from the reports ?

Bradley137

Aug 4, 2007
DIXIE
Detector(s) used
Minelab, White's, Fisher, Tesoro
I know there's bad people out there, but I've done thousands of internet transactions over the last several years. I use paypal and postal money orders "only" to pay and to receive payment. And "knock on wood" I've never had a problem. Always get phone #'s and street addresses and email addresses. Then google them to see if it's legite. And always keep it within the continental U.S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread