Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not familiar enough with the workings or etiquette of forums, being fairly new to them, but the only thing that I find detrimental to this particular forum is that it seems to take forever to load. Gotta be one of the slowest sites on the net. What's up with that?? I'd spend more time here and less on other forums except for the fact that it takes me so much longer to change pages here. I do agree that any forum user anywhere should be allowed to do or say as he/she pleases in a PM setting. I am glad that the moderator cleared up that question. Other than the snail's pace I kike TN a lot.
Yes it was slow here for me also then i went to...... google chrome ..... and it was fast then....... then i got my self a.. Apple iMac Pc ... And nothing on the net is slow for me now.......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I belong to other sites and i belong to the new one also ... But i still spend most of my time here on Tnet... I am a charter member here and will stay a charter member here ............. Most of us do belong to other sites ..... But still spend most of our time here....

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
isnt spam really called miners meat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for reporting the spammer! He's out of sight & out of mind.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you advertise another Detecting Site Here this is the place to be :D

As a community we need to work together to strengthen the hobby. The real reason is dollars and cents. This may upset a few folks, but pretty sure loosing hits to the site is not a money maker for Tnet. This is also Tnets rules, they can do what they want, folks forget that. We are all guest here, so dont poop in the pool please.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only pee in the pool
th.jpeg

grlangfitt

Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not familiar enough with the workings or etiquette of forums, being fairly new to them, but the only thing that I find detrimental to this particular forum is that it seems to take forever to load. Gotta be one of the slowest sites on the net. What's up with that?? I'd spend more time here and less on other forums except for the fact that it takes me so much longer to change pages here. I do agree that any forum user anywhere should be allowed to do or say as he/she pleases in a PM setting. I am glad that the moderator cleared up that question. Other than the snail's pace I kike TN a lot.

I have no problem with speed on this site. I carry the slowest speed Comcast offers and the TNet pages load pretty quick. You may want to clean up your internet folders to give more speed.

grlangfitt

Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea like Jeff said, I use Google Chrome only because explorer itself is slow. I really love the format here at Tnet, the pic sizes on the page is ausom & the like button is the greatest invention since tp. This is the best Treasure & prospecting site forum as far as format and quality by far. So stay away from explorer and go with firefox, chrome, zilla or whatever keeps you happy.

I have no problem with IE. Seems to work fine for me.

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the prohibition include posting links to regional groups/clubs? The reason that I ask is that I have a East Texas metal detecting informal club that I've created and would like to post a link to the Facebook group for it in the Texas section.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with IE. Seems to work fine for me.

Applies only to other competing websites.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I wasn't sure.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is just so much to do on Tnet I see no sense to even consider going to another site to do the same thing I do on this one. Though I guess I am not exciting enough to of ever got an offer anyway. I guess it happens but just not to me. I wouldnt leave anyway but I have viewed other sites from the distance but not often and I am still here. To me Tnet is the only place to be it just feels natural.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Heck, I can't keep up with all the goings on of Tnet. I couldn't imagine trying to be part of another md'ing site. :o)

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am registered on several sites and I post on them. But, I make a separate post for each site and don't link one to another. I have used information from this site to help ID finds on other sites and have used info from them to help here. I think this site is, by far, the best and hope to enjoy it for a long time.

e-goy.com

Jun 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the ideas..i will find other site to help me. in my site.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Question.
Many Tnet members visit other sites, PM other members about listings on other sites, certain topics/subjects on other sites, even ask other members about other sites. So is this normal type stuff ok, or is this also considered spamming/mining? :dontknow: I've PM'd other members in regards to classifieds, topics, etc., on other sites simply because I know they visit them and that they're familiar with them. Is this, or can this be considered, spamming? In fact, I just PM'd someone recently asking about another site. Had no idea it may not even allowed. :dontknow:

So your the guy they are looking for....:laughing7:

L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread