WARNING WARNING WARNING !! Please read

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten a few calls lately claiming there from Medicare. They wanted me to VERify what card and number i was using. DO NOT TAKE A CALL and GIVE out your MEDICARE OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS to ANYONE . THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU TO VERIFY !!!
They will try anything.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Social Security, IRS, and courts do not make calls to you, SS and IRS send registered mail, courts send the police.

Watch out for scam emails saying they are from amazon and are verifying a $1000 charge to your account, it is another scam.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to make people aware The social Security and MedicRE WILL NIOT CALL you asking for INFORMATION. PLEASE all stay safe 111

Sam moser

Jan 13, 2022
All good advice. I get 3- 4 calls every day all have very foreign accents. Mostly asking about Medicare or health care. Sometimes I'll say something to them. I don't think they ever understand what I say. Normally I don't say anything and hang up.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good reminder Gare. Haven't got very many of those lately. Best one was when the wife got a call sayin her SSN had been compromised and frozen. She doesn't have one, she has an ITIN.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we've done Security Freeze at all 3 Credit Bureaus. Stops any new loans or mortgages being taken out. Save the PIN # they give you to temporarily unlock credit report checks when you need a new credit card, getting a loan, or mortgage. Just find out who they use and only unlock that Credit Bureau report. Temporarily unlocks can be done by days 1-whatever.
Our identities were stolen at local hospital, Wawa breach etc. We immediately signed up for Experian Protect My ID for 3 years and keep it active. Also, they have free monitoring on website.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
We here in Australia are getting scam calls and sms messages every day. Majority of the sms tell you that you have a delivery waiting and provide a link, if you click on them they download malicious malware im told, as iv never clicked on one. The mongrel thing too is the calls and messages are being sent on the back of legit phone numbers, the actual owner having no idea its happening. They do it so people are more inclined to answer or click the links.
A couple of times iv let it ring out then call the number back. Every time the person answering is bewildered when I ask why they rang. Today I called one back and the guy was in the middle if his job laying bricks.
Iv had mine used the same way with someone calling me asking what the link I gave them about a delivery was all about.
I get at least 3 sms a day and a call every second day. My misses gets them too. Its unrelenting.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to hear you didn't fall for the scam Gare.
Most calls are voice activated-so we lift the receiver and say nothing-10 seconds later it disconnects-we know it was a computer bot doing random dial ups.

Though I received a message saying I had receive $219.34 yesterday from a # in PEI.
I knew for a fact that nobody owes me squat.
The message had been blocked and reported as spam this morning.

Thing looked pretty legit, had all the right things, all the banking icons to do the link.
Only one problem the amount expired on Feb.10-the very same day.
All the ETFs are good for a 10-14 day period.

I'm waiting for the day they tell me some grandson/nephew has been arrested and the courts need the $$$ ASAP to release them from custody.
They'll send a person around to collect-I'll be waiting to give them the justified payment. 🏌️‍♂️

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PepperJ I have been getting spam calls for over 20 years. There methods of getting secret information keeps changing. Some times as we get older we fall for new traps. My whole purpose in this thread was TO WARN OTHERS that might fall for there crap.
DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO ANYONE THAT CALLS YOU !!!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and this is how I got off the scammers calling list's , the robo calls and scammers recognize this and hang up. after a month or so I got VERY few calls as in maybe two a month. also stop picking up the phone from unknown numbers . you can then google the number to see who it is.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have gotten a few calls lately claiming there from Medicare. They wanted me to VERify what card and number i was using. DO NOT TAKE A CALL and GIVE out your MEDICARE OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS to ANYONE . THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU TO VERIFY !!!
My wife gets those calls at least 20 times a day, sometimes another comes in as soon as she hangs up, from a different number and a different voice. This has been going on for over two years now. You can't block the number, because the call comes from a different number every time - even MY OWN phone number. Anymore we simply "Reject" any call that comes up as "Unknown", "Tool Free", or any 800 or 888 area code on the Caller ID.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DO NOT CALL LIST that the government is supposed to monitor is a joke 11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread