Washington Beach Mining

Oldrustystuff

Jul 26, 2018
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat, Gold Cube, Blue Bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So ill be heading out to cape disappointment for the first time to do some beach mining. I think I have everything I need to have fun couple of days. I plan on just bringing the cons home to run them in my blue bowl.

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

This is what I'm taking with me.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Run it slow, and expect losses in the tailings. That's just the nature of running pure heavy black beach sand. The vortex mat does an extremely good job of holding onto the fine stuff as long as there's open spaces on the mat for it to get into.
I found the hose supplied with my cube was inconveniently short, you can go to Ilwaco and get more at Englund marine at the port docks.

Here's a video I shot a few years ago. I go to the North side of North head because I can drive to where I want to be and use water from one of the creeks for the pump. If you have a pickup truck you can put a load on a tarp in the bed. Watch the tides and try to only be on either beach during the last 2-3 hours of out going through the 1st 2-3 hrs of incoming.

OP
OP
Oldrustystuff

Oldrustystuff

Jul 26, 2018
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat, Gold Cube, Blue Bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the advice!

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
My last trip to the Cape.

received_10212149952887511.jpeg

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AimsmMissSm, I think I recognize that setup:). Headed out to the cape, weather pending, April 22-24. You got any trips planned?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great. And I love to bake:).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread