Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I was sitting in my office with nothing to do, except watch TV and look on the internet I flipped it to the History Channel just before Codes and Conspiracies came on. The episode had Bob Brewer and it was about the KGC, Confederate and Union Gold and even some of the gold and silver he has recovered. I find it intriguing about codes and tree carvings.

I want to find some good reliable books on reading and learning about the different markings/codes and meanings. Many years ago I had ran across an old train rail bed and near the old train bridge crossing I found a tree near it, (this was near Kenney Fort in Round Rock), that had markings on it. At the time I didn't have a camera with me and my cell phone couldn't take a picture. I hadn't been back there in many years, but would like to go back. The tree looked like it had been there for a long many years and the markings where just above head level, (I am 5'11"), going up another 2-3 feet above that. I am guessing the markings were made low at the time and the tree grew making the markings higher up on the tree as it grew.

Anyone have any good information, books, to research so I can get educated?

Now that I put in my retirement packet for the Army I want to go exploring doing different things that will allow me to travel now once my retirement packet is finalized and I am out of the Army for good.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your Service. Your in the right place for information. You just have to weed out the bad. Life is an adventure an your about to take another one. It's better than any video game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions