All Treasure Hunting

CoinsAndThings

Dec 4, 2020
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazon has UV shirts and also what are called Fishing sleeves. The fishing sleeves somewhat obviously are for those that fish all day and want to protect their arms. The UV shirts do basically the same thing.

I've never used either as I tan well without burning. But I've heard good things about the sleeves. Don't know much about the shirts

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend a hooded fishing shirt...

OP
OP
K

Kj Upton

Greenie
Feb 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks what’s the least likely to draw attention. I do wear a Wide brimmed Tilley hat. Does anyone just wear a regular button up fishing shirt ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also a FULL rimmed hat

pulltaboo

Jul 29, 2022
North GA
UPF 50 long sleeve t-shirt, gloves. As for headwear, it all depends on what phones I'm using. With classic muffs, I have to wear either a ball cap with neck shield, or a full shemagh. With behind-head muffs or pods I usually wear a sombrero. Cuz why not?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-20220820-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220820-WA0002.jpg

Spf 50, quick dry material, long sleeves, and Hoodi. The Hoodi seems like it would be to much, but its not. This material when its wet and your wearing it will cool you off like AC If there's a breeze !!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photos. Yes, those are nice tops to wear for comfort and protection. They make a good under garment in cooler weather as well. We use them hunting and fishing both hot and cold.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have multiple sun shirts, both short and long sleeves rated 50SPF, and I have just the sleeves that are spf50 I can put on. Many times I wear the quick dry lightweight fishing pants in the water, if not then I have on swim trunks and use sunscreen. I also wear sunscreen on my face and hands too, any skin that can be exposed to the sun has sunscreen, I don't play around with skin cancer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread