Water is flowing pretty good in the auburn sra

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a drive through the canyon and wow is water flowing good ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486609681.745476.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486609702.743869.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486609782.835268.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dang driveway is flowing pretty good

Attachments

• 1486612046232.jpg
    1486612046232.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 101

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher,
Are you allowed to dredge the drainage ditch or high bank the driveway? :laughing7: That is a lot of water.

gldguy1 - thank you for the river & stream pictures. Do you happen to know what the high mountain snow load is?.................63bkpkr

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher,
Are you allowed to dredge the drainage ditch or high bank the driveway? :laughing7: That is a lot of water.

gldguy1 - thank you for the river & stream pictures. Do you happen to know what the high mountain snow load is?.................63bkpkr
If you look across the street in the view you are looking a t blackberry bramble over handstacks if I panned to the left you would see more and the escarpment created by where the old timers dug into the hillside. To my right is a small prospect. to the right of the driveway was a millsite. The original creek was where the road is. The bedrock in the ditch is sharp and newly exposed less than 40 years.

Believe it or not I've never dipped a pan or grabbed material to run up at my recirc. Crazy right, lol!!

Our hoa has rules against prospecting and metal detecting for gold on your lot. Renters have caused problems for owners. many of the lots have prospects and old digs on them. I don't really care what the HOA says though I am right at the entrance to the neighborhood so I would be highly visible.

I will be running material this year I have to do some repairs around my culvert. They didn't put a big enough one in so it has been eroding the down stream side as the water reenters the ditch.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you look across the street in the view you are looking a t blackberry bramble over handstacks if I panned to the left you would see more and the escarpment created by where the old timers dug into the hillside. To my right is a small prospect. to the right of the driveway was a millsite. The original creek was where the road is. The bedrock in the ditch is sharp and newly exposed less than 40 years.

Believe it or not I've never dipped a pan or grabbed material to run up at my recirc. Crazy right, lol!!

Our hoa has rules against prospecting and metal detecting for gold on your lot. Renters have caused problems for owners. many of the lots have prospects and old digs on them. I don't really care what the HOA says though I am right at the entrance to the neighborhood so I would be highly visible.

I will be running material this year I have to do some repairs around my culvert. They didn't put a big enough one in so it has been eroding the down stream side as the water reenters the ditch.

At least you have an excuse. I live on a small spot of 15 acres of private land that has a year round flowing creek. The entire property is on old river rock and not once in 5 years have I put a pan in what I call the "cattle creek". BUT...during a recent week long dry spell, my good buddy/neighbor John DID sample it. It was still flowing too hard to get to any bedrock but he got a couple flakes out of a couple gallons. My gold snobbery got in the way but no more. Soon as the water is safe and low enough, we're gonna get the adult size tools AND sluices and get after it. Can't wait! :hello2:

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher,

I don't know the current snow loads of hand, we have another storm coming in so gonna get more here soon

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a ditch similar to yours and I cleaned it up just for fun and actually found some color ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486668307.889680.jpg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher,

Herb. The snow pack in the area was measured last week and it was 138% of normal water content. Folsom Lake rose from 408' elevation to almost 440' last month and then they bonked it down to 404' with abnormally high releases. The elevation has been kept low and the releases this morning into the American River below Natomas Lake were large with every hate open and the whole basin turbulent. The rain has been Tshirt warm the last few days and there is lots of water from the snow melt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread