Way to cold

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has already been 10 here.

My coonass friend down there thinks I am nuts for staying in MN.
I lived in Mankato Mn twice, first time arrived on January 7th 1975, arrived 2 days before the "Great blizzard of 1975", it was over 2 weeks before my car could be seen, buried in 15-20 foot snow drift. and again in winter of 1981, arrived again in January and left in August. I also lived in Burnsville Mn for about 3 months again in the winter.

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
I lived in Mankato Mn twice, first time arrived on January 7th 1975, arrived 2 days before the "Great blizzard of 1975", it was over 2 weeks before my car could be seen, buried in 15-20 foot snow drift. and again in winter of 1981, arrived again in January and left in August. I also lived in Burnsville Mn for about 3 months again in the winter.

I am in Faribault. I can clearly see why you are now in FL.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Faribault. I can clearly see why you are now in FL.
I remember Fairbault, seems it is 40 or 50 miles NE of Mankato. I was young and single when I was living in Mankato so it was a lot of fun then. I just about lived in the Hurdy Gurty Saloon on my first time there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22 *here this morning , cut firewood , started in a coat and ended in just a shirt . firewood warms you twice.

Orlando 10 day forecast

Mon 12/20
A stray afternoon t-storm
A stray afternoon t-storm
precipitation 55
77°F66°F
Tue 12/21
Breezy with heavy t-storms
Breezy with heavy t-storms
precipitation 98
77°F52°F
Wed 12/22
Partly sunny and nice
Partly sunny and nice
precipitation 4
68°F50°F
Thu 12/23
Sunny and pleasant
Sunny and pleasant
precipitation 2
70°F52°F
Fri 12/24
Mostly sunny and pleasant
precipitation 1
75°F57°F
Sat 12/25
precipitation 2
77°F59°F
Sun 12/26
Sunshine and patchy clouds
Sunshine and patchy clouds
precipitation 2
81°F61°F
Mon 12/27
Sunny and very warm
Sunny and very warm
precipitation 0
84°F59°F
Tue 12/28
Partly sunny and very warm
Partly sunny and very warm
precipitation 1
82°F61°F

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
22 *here this morning , cut firewood , started in a coat and ended in just a shirt . firewood warms you twice.

Twice?
Used to heat me when I cut it.
Then when I hauled it. (Had permission on a neighboring property one season when the woodlot I rented had been cut enough to look beyond for downed timber. No vehicle allowed. Wheelbarrow. Foam pad to shoulder carry , l.o.l..)
Then when I split it.
Then when I stacked it , (or tossed some through the coal bin door.)
Then when I burned it.
I miss the stove and the heat.
Don't miss the work.
Have parts to build a couple stoves.
One set needs cleaned up.
The other set is prototype , my mania of design.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cold weather separates the men from the boys in the metal detecting world. Anyone can lounge on a sunny beach looking for rings (boring), but it takes some intestinal fortitude to detect in sub-40 degree weather looking for colonial relics. I guess the bottom line is whether you're serious about digging up history or just looking to make a buck off of some poor sap who lost his wedding ring in the surf last week.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...48 is just right for me but I could get use to that Florida or Louisiana climate until hurricane season...
I don’t think a lot of people realize but we have what’s called what’s called it’s cold to the bone because just as humid as it is in the summer is just as wet humid cold we get I guess it’s hard to explain

Reactions: Fat
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cold weather separates the men from the boys in the metal detecting world. Anyone can lounge on a sunny beach looking for rings (boring), but it takes some intestinal fortitude to detect in sub-40 degree weather looking for colonial relics. I guess the bottom line is whether you're serious about digging up history or just looking to make a buck off of some poor sap who lost his wedding ring in the surf last week.
I guess I could say the exact same thing about our summers most people wouldn’t make it our summer separate the men from the boys. Respect

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more thing Metal Detecting at the beach is boring as hell I never saw one thing I’ve ever found gold included

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...48 is just right for me but I could get use to that Florida or Louisiana climate until hurricane season...
Yeah fat many people got to be down here and feel this damp cold I know when cold is cold but damn cold it’s you in the marrow of your bones. I was being funny about in the 40s but if it ever gets in the 20s with this damn cold I don’t know maybe them Yankees might have me on it but that humid called in sick

Reactions: Fat

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah fat many people got to be down here and feel this damp cold I know when cold is cold but damn cold it’s you in the marrow of your bones. I was being funny about in the 40s but if it ever gets in the 20s with this damn cold I don’t know maybe them Yankees might have me on it but that humid called in sick
Yeah, I have seen some damp cold winters in Florida when I was a kid, remember lows in the teens, also seen -30 below in North Dakota and in Minnesota

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I could say the exact same thing about our summers most people wouldn’t make it our summer separate the men from the boys. Respect
Yup, detecting in hot and humid weather is not for the weak...

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get 3 days of under 32 degrees here the ground is too hard to dig. Most days are probably around 40 so I'm still in business. My area just set the record for latest first snow of the season and still going as we haven't had any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread