Way too much work for toasted coins!!!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to my favorite beach again, two weeks after my best silver coin day ever (nine last time). However, the beach sand had completely shifted and good targets were hard to come by. I found more pull tabs and bottle caps then I've ever found there before, and to make matters worse, almost all of the coins I found were incredibly toasted. After about five hours of hunting, I only managed to come away with one silver 1943 USA Quarter and one 1936 Buffalo nickel. (At least the date on the buff was readable!) I also got 4 wheat pennies, but only one with a date I can read (1957). Oh well, at least I got to spend another day at the beach! Thanks for looking and HH to all!

All Finds.jpg

1936 Buffalo Nickel Obverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg 1936 Buffalo Nickel Reverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg
1936 Buffalo Nickel Obverse Post-Cleaning.jpg 1936 Buffalo Nickel Reverse Post-Cleaning.jpg

1943 Quarter Obverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg 1943 Quarter Reverse Pre-Cleaning.jpg
1943 Quarter Obverse Post-Cleaning.jpg 1943 Quarter Reverse Post-Cleaning.jpg

Upvote 27

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds Congrats. :coffee2:

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thought the coppers I dig in turf get toasted sometimes....YIKES! Even your SILVER is junk! VP is right though,you had a great day with those finds,even though it didn’t quite live up to the last one. As long as you’re digging signals you’re doing awesome. The next time might be another heavy haul on the silver,and who knows what else!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thought the coppers I dig in turf get toasted sometimes....YIKES! Even your SILVER is junk! VP is right though,you had a great day with those finds,even though it didn’t quite live up to the last one. As long as you’re digging signals you’re doing awesome. The next time might be another heavy haul on the silver,and who knows what else!

Thanks for the encouraging words! I'll keep trying, and who knows, maybe the next time will be another great day.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well next time just bring along a fishing pole and use up some of those sinkers.

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well next time just bring along a fishing pole and use up some of those sinkers.

Even the few people trying to fish were striking out, too!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day at the beach even if I found nothing Ill take it,lol 9 silvers takes me months unless I find a coin spill well done

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day at the beach even if I found nothing Ill take it,lol 9 silvers takes me months unless I find a coin spill well done

Yeah, I shouldn't be complaining at all!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dem coins be lookin' like Chief :censored:-ing bull took a dump on 'em:laughing7:

Even the modern clad was mostly toast! I had to run that through a tumbler so it could eventually make it through a Coinstar machine. All but two of the twenty or so zinc pennies I dug went straight to the garbage can. ��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread