vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
magnet.gif
Dang! You would think the town would love having you guys pulling all that stuff out of the river. Love the Vid.

The Magnet Angler

Nov 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish we found safes in the US while magnet fishing, for some reason they are much more common in Europe

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
magnet.gif
Dang! You would think the town would love having you guys pulling all that stuff out of the river. Love the Vid.

It's stupid, isn't it? But that is Germany for you, laws for (agianst) anything and everything.

I wish we found safes in the US while magnet fishing, for some reason they are much more common in Europe

They are really fun finds, even though the chance of finding a full one is abysmal they are always cool :)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boy, this was a fun trip but sadly we can't go magnetfishing in our city without a permit anymore and the cops said it is unlikely we as upstanding citizens will get such a permit. :dontknow:

Not sure about Germany but get a leagle beagle to print up a "release of liability" hand it to the clerk and ask "Do you need this?" Turns a lot of "NOs" into "YUPs"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL They not only Threw Bikes in they threw the Bike Rack Too ?

attachment.php

Blame it on the Beer :laughing7:

Should be Plenty of Bridges outside the City Limits on Lonely Roads 8-) No :dontknow:

Attachments

• 000aaa.jpg
    000aaa.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 241

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is said:In England every thing is permitted unless it is forbidden,In Germany every thing is forbidden unless it is permitted,In Italy every thing is permitted even if it is forbidden,In Russia every thing is forbidden even if it is permitted.Don,t know who said it,but there it is!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Buddy Olaf has found probably 50-100 safes in Europe while magnet fishing in the past few years
QUESTION why are so many safes found in the rivers there ?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thought is that they were stolen and then removed to another location to be opened and then once opened and emptied of the contents the evidence (cracked safe) is then transported to a bridge or dock and discarded to hide the evidence.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find opened safes, near old train station ruins, around ghost towns in western US states.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find opened safes, near old train station ruins, around ghost towns in western US states.
Those opened safes,if they are in restorable shape,are worth some serious geetus in the right hands.

The safe I'm thinking of owner of Turquoise Museum at ghost town Los Cerrillos, NM. Once he told me, used clay for adobe repair on building. Found a number of old coins digging clay in back side of town some distance from the foundation of old train station. Old topo shows tracks coming across river to station. His boy went to look around, then found the safe opened. A historical ghost town safe should be worth a little more $$$$$.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The safe I'm thinking of owner of Turquoise Museum at ghost town Los Cerrillos, NM. Once he told me, used clay for adobe repair on building. Found a number of old coins digging clay in back side of town some distance from the foundation of old train station. Old topo shows tracks coming across river to station. His boy went to look around, then found the safe opened. A historical ghost town safe should be worth a little more $$$$$.
Yes indeed! Rich folks like to have them in the house as much for show as practical use.That one would bring the Premium price as they say!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread