WE SHINE FOR ALL

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Found this in a corn field where at one time when Kansas was a Territory a Trading Post / Homestead stood.
It may not be from this era, but the majority of the items we are finding range in the 1850-1880 era.

It says, WE SHINE FOR ALL, and looks to have a Indian style sun face with feathers around it. It is some what bent, but it looks as though if flattened out it would be about 2" across.
I think it is made of copper account of the turquoise corrosion on it, but I am not sure. There doesn't appear to ever having a pin for attachment on the back.

Can anyone tell me about it ? Thanks !

Attachments

• SUN_SHINE 4_8_11 003.jpg
    SUN_SHINE 4_8_11 003.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 411
  • SUN_SHINE 4_8_11 005.jpg
    SUN_SHINE 4_8_11 005.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 421
  • SUN_SHINE 4_8_11 006.jpg
    SUN_SHINE 4_8_11 006.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 378

DirtDigler

Apr 10, 2010
Caroline Co., VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
That's fanscinating! The little tab on the right seems to indicate it could've been attached to something thin... fabric maybe? Some sort of organization? Freemasons? I can't wait to read what you find out about it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kansas

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Thanks for the lead Ivan. It is a good possibility your correct. The area I am searching is about 40 miles from Topeka, KS and if I understand correctly the AOG started there in the later part of the 1800's.
It might take me awhile, but maybe I can find a historian of the church to see if this might be connected to them.

Thanks again !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kansas

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Thanks gw0909 !!!
O.P. is just a hop, skip, and a jump for me on the 16th. :)
I think I will send them a photo to see it first, and show up if they are interested.

Thanks !
~KANSAS~

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
think you got a solve on this one .--now go see em to be sure :wink: :icon_thumright: -- "we shine for all" religious group men's suspender belt clip part

Upvote 0

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My detecting partner found one of those today. I found this thread while trying to research it for her.

Not sure if the Assembly of God connection was ever proven. I'm kind of skeptical that Assembly of God would actually have adult male suspenders made for a girl's group called the "Sunbeams".

I did learn that We Shine For All was a slogan of the New York Sun newspaper in 1869 advertisements. That seems at least a little more likely to me.

scrap.jpg

Upvote 0

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
scrap.jpg

Here it is, cleaned up.

BTW, I said above that "The New York Sun" used that as a motto. Well, the New York Sun was a short-lived newspaper in the 21st century that used the masthead and slogan from The Sun, a 19th & early 20th century paper. However, their slogan was "IT Shines for all", not "WE Shine for all", so... I still don't know.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread