πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Wedding ring found and returned

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Florida for a few months for some decent vacation. Another beautiful day as I arrived at the beach about noon. A lifeguard I know came over to say hello. He says someone lost the wedding ring a few minutes ago at station 12. I said I would go look. When I got there, there was another guy with an excal already hunting in the water. I talked to the other lifeguard and she pointed out the person that lost their ring. He was from Argentina on vacation with wife and child.

He told me that he was adjusting the ring and it slipped off and he saw it hit the water....and then gone. I asked him what it looked like and his wife's was a match.Oh by the way, he said, I lost it yesterday!!! I said lots of people hunt this beach so maybe its here and maybe not. I will give it a shot. It occurred to me that last night were he dropped it in the water, was now wet beach and not where the other detectorist was hunting in the ocean.

I started hunting.....about 10 minutes later.....I got a good signal....sure enough.....gold wedding band and it was like his wife's ring. I called to him and said to him...."can you tell me what it looked like again"? He asked his wife to come over and show me hers. I said that's funny because I have one just like it on my little finger! For a minute...he thought I had one just like his and then it dawned on him. He was very happy! He thought it was gone for sure.

They gave me an orange juice and we chatted for a bit. He thought I was with the city as I knew some lifeguards and this was a public service. I said no....just trying to help you out. He wanted to pay me. I said no thank you....glad to help especially on your vacation..

About 4 hours later,,,,he ran about 1.5 blocks to catch up with me and handed me some money....I refused but he said it was the least he could do as his wife was going to kill him for loosing his wedding ring....I relented ......and he said...."if you come to Argentina,,,,I owe you a drink". It was a nice day indeed!
20131118_124806 (Small).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice save and good karma coming your way!

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic story. I believe that deserves an honorable mention if you ask me!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. Way to go on finding and returning the ring. :hello2:
HONORABLE MENTION is in order!!!

-MM-

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah. Honorable mention for sure! Great job!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Honorable Mention. You certainly deserve it!

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! I just had to do what needed to be done. Its nice when someone helps you out when you need it. When I was heading to the airport on this trip, I stayed at a hotel the night before. I went out to the car and had a dead battery. A Portland Hobart Company service technician was nice to help me out with jump. A super nice guy! So, Im kind of just passing the help along.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent story, thank you for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread