Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weekend Finds "theres alot"

Hi guys what a weekend lots of cool artifacts so many that I cant take pics of everything, but I found some amazing stuff.
First 2 cool things Pic #1 has a gold button its a marine eagle the reverse says "waterbury button co". I found one single button then at the top of the pic I found 2 more of the same buttons still attached to blue colored cloth!!!
Then pic # 2 I found a silver plated very ornate purse It had 1866 indian head penny,1864 2c piece,& an 1857 seated quarter in it .
these are the coins found Fri,Sat,& Sun.
1943s walking lib. half
1787 nova Caesarea "new jersey copper" coin
1838 large cent
1952d washington qtr.
1857 seated qtr.
1864 2c piece
1858 flying eagle cent
3 mercs 2 1920 1 1918
1853 half dime
Man this has been fun Chiz came out with me this weekend he stayed another day we are going out tomorrow!! J.D. ps in the coming days ill try to get better pics. follow the link for the artifacts pic

Upvote 1
OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Insurgent gopher hunters unite!!!!! ty Chiz!!!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003

Wow...wow...wow!

What type of detector do you use? How deep is most of this stuff? Are you searching around old homes or what???

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use a whites xlt most of the stuff is 1-5 in. deep I walk out my house and keep walking until i find a good spot. J.D. fields and woods so far.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....

... and he is the luckiest SOB I ever met!!! lol... j/k... The XLT is impressive, all I can say is wow... And sorry JD we didn't get to go to my places on Monday, I had a date with a 30 year old waterheater and i was in the wrong place at the right time..... BUT Grandmom has hot water now!!! be thinking about next w/e....

8)

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chiz found some cool stuff too... J.d.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....

ugh.... i'll take pics of them, completely forgot i found stuff.... you found the cool things...lol....

Chiz
8)

I am NOT taking pics of the 20 or so nails!!!!!!! even though they were from the 1800's.... lol

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....

Just when you think there is no more...... BAM!!! Hopefully we can REALLY hunt out the place!!!! Anyone have a gas powered weedwacker cheap? lol...

8)

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

we need the weed wacker bad!!!!!! J.D.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man, I'd gladly supply it for free if I lived back there!
I would concentrate on where you found that 1787 coin.

Attachments

• 2012-07-07 11.01.02.jpg
    2012-07-07 11.01.02.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 44

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....

everything seems to be in about a 50 by 50 yard area and over a 1/3 of it is under some heavy brush. I'm gonna try a cordless next w/e but I have not had real luck with it staying charged for more than 15 minutes.... there doesn't seem to be a Rhyme or reason for the area and where we are finding stuff so it is hard to concentrate or figure out the best place. Like i said before, this is gonna be a great (and fun) place to hunt out!!!

8)

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

It sounds kind of like it might have been like that "empty lot next door" that everyone throws their junk into. Or a small impromptu dump for an old inn. Just some random thoughts! Fred

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey! I had a thought! You always see an add on T.V. for that mower that is a super brushmaster mower with a free 30 day trial offer. There you go, use it, abuse it, and return it!
No really, do they have rental places in your area? I would just rent one of those dragster mowers for a few hours and go in there and start chopping. Also if this is impracticle, you probably could rent a high powered weed whacker for a about $25 for the day. If I was find the types of stuff you guy are finding, I would do this, then I would detect the area throughly, then I would sift it heavily with a sifter if that was possible. Leave no stone unturned. Also, detect it again after a good rain soaks the ground.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....

LOL... I'll keep that in mind....... we went out for about 45 minutes today... Of course JD found a 1773 something-or-other coin using MY MACHINE Damnit!!!! grrrrrr..... I found a lead figure, copper .35 shell casing and a couple other little things using my BACK UP machine because JD forgot his battery pack and had to use MY MACHINE Damnit!! OK... enough yelling, haha.... I plan on breaking out the big guns next w/e and do a plot at a time. that way, we don't really call attention to us, if you know what I mean......

Chiz
8)

ps. The gophers are starting to look at us funny....

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....

Actually Fred, my thinking is that this place was some kind of common area for the community. hopefully we will find something in the history of the place to tell us more......

8)

blazen70

Apr 20, 2003
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500

Just get all of your smoker friends to drive by and toss out their butts. Somethings bound to catch fire and then you won't have to bother with borrowing or renting the equipment. Thats how it works here in CA. :twisted:

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lol lol you guys are nuts and itsa a 1773 spanish reale :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread