Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the results of this weekends hunt. The top row is a silver coin spill that contained 5 Mercury dimes, a 1937 Buffalo nickel, a 1901 V nickel and about 10 wheaties not pictured. Normally the Buffs and V nickles around here come out of the ground toasty, but because these were snuggled up together, they were spared a bit from the elements and kept some of their silvery color. The next row with the Quarter and 2 dimes were also found on Saturday but not in the same coin spill as the top row. Before heading out that day I asked my wife what she wanted me to bring her home from the hunt, and she said something with a stone in it. It's a good thing I was able to find that ring with the green stone. It's junky, but I surprised my wife when I got home. The last row with the 2 nickels and dime I found on Sunday's hunt. The Rosie was found a few feet away from a Mercury dime that I had found the year before with my AT Pro. The last find before heading to my car muddy and wet was the Wolf Cubs Boy Scouts of America Sterling ring. All finds were made with the Makro Racer 2. Oh and I no longer rub my silver in the field, but wait till I get home to clean them carefully. Also this is the 3rd 1916 Mercury dime I have found at this site, and none of them are from the Denver mint.Thanks for looking.

IMG_1832[1].JPG

Upvote 31
OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She thought it was a cute find, but its a junk ring, more like a toy ring, so it will go in the junk finds box. She was mostly impressed that I was able to bring home what she asked for.. sort of..

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver, looks like you had the "silver touch" this trip out! Hope she doesn't ask for a diamond tennis bracelet, you could be looking for that for a while or come up with a real nice ring in the process, who knows? Good Luck!

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, awesome hunt mate.

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'd be happy with that haul it's been a while since I dug multiple silver in one hunt

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzer! Nice load of silver.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She thought it was a cute find, but its a junk ring, more like a toy ring, so it will go in the junk finds box. She was mostly impressed that I was able to bring home what she asked for.. sort of..

tell her to be more specific next time

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt can we get a pic of the treasure chest also LOL Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great weekend for silvers!! Congrats!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome spill! I've had several holes with 2 silvers in them...but nothing like that! Congrats on a great hunt...Ddf

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Everyone for the comments. This hill has been giving up the silver for the last year now. Sometimes i'll get one or two pieces a day and sometimes I'll bring back a bunch. I'm now concentrating on hunting in and around the areas where trees have fallen or the brush is the thickest in the summer time. I believe this is the best time of the year to detect, at least in the North East when the ground cover is at a minimum and the bugs are not yet out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread