Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Neal S.,
We are a determined breed we prospectors and you early folks sure are helping to stoke the fires of imagination & hope that keep all of us going once we've seen the glint of a nugget in the pan or sluice box. Sometimes we get even less than a nugget but we still keep trying, exploring and working at what has a hold on us till I suppose we just can not do it any more though that time has not come yet for me even though in late April I will be 67 years of age. Not old mind you, just of age.
With your post added onto the back of gravelwashers post the thought of hoisting my 85+ pound pack onto my back is more of an anticipated Joy than grueling work while carrying it down over 3000' vertical feet of trail to the river and then hiking further till I get to "my spot". I literally can't wait to do it though I will have to as there is a bit of snow in my way and I suspect that winter is not finished with us just yet so I will hold off till it is safe for me to venture out into the "back country" to test my skills once more.

Neal, keep at it and thanks for sharing and the best of luck to you........... 63bkpkr

OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug
63bkpkr said:
Hello Neal S.,
We are a determined breed we prospectors and you early folks sure are helping to stoke the fires of imagination & hope that keep all of us going once we've seen the glint of a nugget in the pan or sluice box. Sometimes we get even less than a nugget but we still keep trying, exploring and working at what has a hold on us till I suppose we just can not do it any more though that time has not come yet for me even though in late April I will be 67 years of age. Not old mind you, just of age.
With your post added onto the back of gravelwashers post the thought of hoisting my 85+ pound pack onto my back is more of an anticipated Joy than grueling work while carrying it down over 3000' vertical feet of trail to the river and then hiking further till I get to "my spot". I literally can't wait to do it though I will have to as there is a bit of snow in my way and I suspect that winter is not finished with us just yet so I will hold off till it is safe for me to venture out into the "back country" to test my skills once more.

Neal, keep at it and thanks for sharing and the best of luck to you........... 63bkpkr

weighed in @ .54 grams---thanks

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neal
How come you did not take me to that hole,when we were hunting for gold,when I was in Arizona..............

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.54 is priceless in your pocket but at $1400 a oz about $23. Just divide current spot by 31.15 for grams or 20 for dwt and multiply by weight. At that size I'd expect spot for it and not discounted scrap prices-GET MO'MO'MO'-John :laughing7:

DeSey56

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2008
Greenwood,SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
:thumbsup: Nice, hope my season starts out as great as yours! Have a Congratulations cup on me ! :coffee2:
Thanks for sharing! :hello2:
DeSey56 :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Here is my second take from Prescott. It is one of the most beautiful sights like this after a loooong days work.
This is from 6 buckets o dirt. Great exersize and get paid for it. WHO can complain???????

HHTA
neal

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 250
OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Hoser John said:
.54 is priceless in your pocket but at $1400 a oz about $23. Just divide current spot by 31.15 for grams or 20 for dwt and multiply by weight. At that size I'd expect spot for it and not discounted scrap prices-GET MO'MO'MO'-John :laughing7:

A jewlrey store in SCottsdale offered me 55.00 for this - double spot value. Does he know something?

Thanks
HHTA
Neal

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Lookin for an experienced panner familiar with Lynx Creek and other areas in the Prescott Natl. Forest. I'm a newbie, amatuer panner planning my first visit to Arizona. I read the Lynx Creek Recreational Area charges $18 dollars a day to pan there.. even with a 50% disability discount, i'm looking at a $9 dollar a day fee just to primitive camp and pan there. That SUCKS ! Is there anywhere in Prescott an inexperienced panner can go without being tagged by recreational use fees ? If i was as good as you, i wouldn't worry about fees. But in my case, i'd be lucky to see that much gold in a couple of months. REAL LUCKY.

Also. Being a first timer, i was wondering if any of the Rivers in Arizona have produced gold. Especially the San Francisco River near the New Mexico border. Anybody here been on that river in the Apache SitGreaves Natl. Forest, or any of its tributaries ?

OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
TheNewCatfish said:
Lookin for an experienced panner familiar with Lynx Creek and other areas in the Prescott Natl. Forest. I'm a newbie, amatuer panner planning my first visit to Arizona. I read the Lynx Creek Recreational Area charges $18 dollars a day to pan there.. even with a 50% disability discount, i'm looking at a $9 dollar a day fee just to primitive camp and pan there. That SUCKS ! Is there anywhere in Prescott an inexperienced panner can go without being tagged by recreational use fees ? If i was as good as you, i wouldn't worry about fees. But in my case, i'd be lucky to see that much gold in a couple of months. REAL LUCKY.

Also. Being a first timer, i was wondering if any of the Rivers in Arizona have produced gold. Especially the San Francisco River near the New Mexico border. Anybody here been on that river in the Apache SitGreaves Natl. Forest, or any of its tributaries ?
I think you have some incorrect information. There is a public panning area right near the Costco in Prescott.
It is FREE FREE FREE to anyone. You can only use pick, pan, shovel and metal detector. There are primitive spots to camp within 10 min. drive of area. I hope this helps. thank you! HHTA Neal S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread