Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Please be patient with us as we tackle this gigantic job!

Fixes/Additions
  • HTTPS Certificate Installed/Working
  • HTTP/2 & Gzipped Content Installed/Working
  • Original Poster Flare Added
  • Attachment Image Optimization (Currently Running....)
  • Added the ability to hide signatures (Via: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/preferences)
  • All previous smilies are imported and work
  • Look/Feel Changes (Also Ongoing)
  • Multiquote Enabled (Quote multiple messages in 1 Reply)
  • Automatic Thread Thumbnails added (See Description below)
  • Banner Finds/Golden Threads Replacement In progress...
  • Likes/Likes Counter has been restored.
  • Thread prefixes have been adjusted and include Emoji's now.
  • Number of posts/threads/conversations per page is adjustable on a per user basis.
  • Attachments/Images now supported in Private Messages/Conversations
  • Push Notifications are now enabled/supported
  • Thread Info Block added at the top of every thread
  • TreasureNet Web App Setup - should show up within 24 hours
  • Ads blocking forum content has been fixed.
  • Who is viewing/Has Viewed now working at bottom of threads
  • Added the ability to see who's viewed your profile and the number of total views.
  • Push notifications have been enabled.
  • All the Banner Finds have been imported into the Golden Threads system
  • Added 1 touch button to mark classifieds threads as "Sold"
  • Question/Answer system installed on the "What is it?" Section
  • Mods and Admins can now rotate attachment images easily (by request)
Priority Issues
  1. Banner Finds System (In progress...)
  2. Fix Usergroups Banners & Upgrades (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Charter)
  3. Get old Menus going (The Hunt Starts Here, etc.)
  4. Get old Likes imported to new system
  5. Import all Banner Finds to Golden Threads System

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.

Automatic Thread Thumbnails / Added 9/29/2021 @ 12:30pm
We've added the ability for the software to automatically add a thumbnail to the thread based on the attachments in the thread. By default it will choose the first image you upload. It replaces your avatar with the thumbnail on the thread list. When you are making your thread you can also select which thumbnail image to use, and after you post you can also update the thumbnail on the thread view page by clicking the image/your avatar and looking for the pencil/edit icon and clicking on it. More information is available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-thumbnail-by-addonslab.6265/

We can enable this for all forums, think we might put that up for a vote once people get a bit more used to it.

Golden Threads / Banner Finds
We are working on a new version of this since the old one will not work with this software. I've got some going and we'll be changing the appearance, features, etc... so it's a work in progress. You can see the "Golden Threads" on the Forum Index page for now. More info on the modification here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xtr-golden-threads.7891/

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, maybe I'll even update my avatar..... it's 54 years old! ╦╦C

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Testing the emoticons.... (to bring up the Emoticon keyboard, have the WYSIWYG editor active and press the Windows key and the ; key at the same time).

⚒ 💰💵🗺

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I see some of our stats migrated over to the new layout and some didn't. Use to hate being a member of a forum with over a 1,000 posts then bang back at zero after an upgrade or change. I haven't checked the pictures yet to see if they migrated.....

Well a quick check shows the pictures did, so that is good.

I thank yall for everything yall do to keep this site/forum up and running, so PLEASE don't take any of my nitpicking as criticism towards yall.

Platforms change, technology advances, we have to keep updated or we'll disappear just like outdated software. It takes a lot of behind the scenes work to keep things working and most of us will never understand how much work it is....So again thank you for keeping this site alive, functioning

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see some of our stats migrated over to the new layout and some didn't. Use to hate being a member of a forum with over a 1,000 posts then bang back at zero after an upgrade or change. I haven't checked the pictures yet to see if they migrated.....

Which stats didn't come over, I might be able to fix it up? We will be working on things for a while to get them set up. I may have to call it a night here pretty soon as I've been working on it all day and night. But we will pick it up tomorrow.

And no worries on the suggestions/criticism... It's all useful!

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Which stats didn't come over, I might be able to fix it up? We will be working on things for a while to get them set up. I may have to call it a night here pretty soon as I've been working on it all day and night. But we will pick it up tomorrow.

And no worries on the suggestions/criticism... It's all useful!

A stupid insignificant one............Our Likes. LOL!

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
We might be able to whip up a script to import those, I think they are quite useful myself. The default importer did not import them but we can probably write something custom. Stay tuned.

So are we no longer able to upload a pic to our signature line? I tired and it just came up with linking a URL if you want to do that. I use to have my Operations Support Badge below my signature.

20210404_203204.jpg

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are we no longer able to upload a pic to our signature line? I tired and it just came up with linking a URL if you want to do that. I use to have my Operations Support Badge below my signature.

View attachment 1982485

Unfortunately that is one of the limitations of the new software. It does not allow uploading of signature images. However, I'll be happy to host it for you so you can use it on our site.

Add the following code to your signature and the image will show up:

Code:
[img]https://www.treasurenet.com/img/osbadge.jpg[/img]

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the upgrade! It seems so much easier to use on my phone.

Over the years the amount of traffic coming from mobile on the site has increased. Mobile is now the way the majority of the users use the site. Having the old software broken on mobile has really been one of the big reasons we knew we HAD to upgrade the site.

Glad you are liking it... we still have more to add as well!

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Please be patient with us as we tackle this gigantic job!

Fixes/Additions
  • HTTPS Certificate Installed/Working
  • HTTP/2 & Gzipped Content Installed/Working
  • Original Poster Flare Added
  • Attachment Image Optimization (Currently Running....)
Priority Issues
  1. Banner Finds System (Need to get it up and running)
  2. Fix Usergroups Banners & Upgrades (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Charter)
  3. Get old Menus going (The Hunt Starts Here, etc.)

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.
Thanks for all the hard work!

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately that is one of the limitations of the new software. It does not allow uploading of signature images. However, I'll be happy to host it for you so you can use it on our site.

Add the following code to your signature and the image will show up:

Code:
[img]https://www.treasurenet.com/img/osbadge.jpg[/img]

Well my little ole badge is back......Thank you boss!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well so far... Avatar off center.... very pixilated and blurry... and my almost 90k likes ... ***poof*** gone.
:/

This is a major work in progress. It's going to take us a few days to get iron out the bugs. I'll add those things to our list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread