Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has zero posts and hasn't been on since 2013... I'd be OK with it.
Works for me, when requested before was told we couldn't do it even though he (ARC) hadn't been on in years

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hrmm, I guess some work? Maybe some just need to be re-uploaded. That's a new one on me!
Mine wasn't working, I went to profile and re downloaded it and now it is working.

whynot

Jan 27, 2005
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 w/ 9x12 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
with 42 years in the IT industry, my hats are off to you guys. As a Unix and Linux system administrator for most of those years I can appreciate the herculean effort needed to upgrade a system as complex as this Forum, especially with the nuances you have manually added over the years. Enjoyed the previous site for many, many years and look forward to the upgrades and enhanced user experiences to come. THANK YOU!

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6E787034-3B67-475F-B1EC-F371992879EA.jpeg
Well so far... Avatar off center.... very pixilated and blurry... and my almost 90k likes ... ***poof*** gone.
:/
Please remember to reach out to family and friends for support. If it makes you feel better, the “likes” will probably reappear as suddenly as they disappeared.

Attachments

• AECA874D-51FC-4B1A-80FA-65259516C8D9.jpeg
    AECA874D-51FC-4B1A-80FA-65259516C8D9.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with 42 years in the IT industry, my hats are off to you guys. As a Unix and Linux system administrator for most of those years I can appreciate the herculean effort needed to upgrade a system as complex as this Forum, especially with the nuances you have manually added over the years. Enjoyed the previous site for many, many years and look forward to the upgrades and enhanced user experiences to come. THANK YOU!

Thank you for the kind words. I've been a Linux systems admin since Slackware 1.0, installed via floppies on my 386.

Thank you guys for reinstalling the likes. The new format looks great and thank you for all the hard work!

We did get the likes going and imported, so one more todo item knocked off the list!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the kind words. I've been a Linux systems admin since Slackware 1.0, installed via floppies on my 386.

I can remember him telling me about this new OS "linux" over the bulletin board back in our high school days! 🤣

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We did get the likes going and imported, so one more todo item knocked off the list!
My first PC was a Tandy 1000 SL with two 5 1/4 inch floppy drives.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first PC was a Tandy 1000 SL with two 5 1/4 inch floppy drives.

I started out on a TI 994A. I still have a couple of them in boxes! The thing that really hooked me on the computer was discovering the modem and bulletin boards!

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out on a TI 994A. I still have a couple of them in boxes! The thing that really hooked me on the computer was discovering the modem and bulletin boards!
Commodore 64 got me hooked on computers for games. My first modem (2400 baud) got me hooked on using my computer for communicating and BBSing... that was my 386sx/25 with 4MB RAM.

I remember when we upgraded to a 512MB HD... I thought it was a monster!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Commodore 64 got me hooked on computers for games. My first modem (2400 baud) got me hooked on using my computer for communicating and BBSing... that was my 386sx/25 with 4MB RAM.

I remember when we upgraded to a 512MB HD... I thought it was a monster!
When the C64 came out, we were cutting a notch in the floppy to make them double sided before the manufacturer did! But my geek days went away after Windows came around. Remember PINE for sending messages/psuedo e-mail ? ╦╦C

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Please be patient with us as we tackle this gigantic job!

Fixes/Additions
  • HTTPS Certificate Installed/Working
  • HTTP/2 & Gzipped Content Installed/Working
  • Original Poster Flare Added
  • Attachment Image Optimization (Currently Running....)
  • Added the ability to hide signatures (Via: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/preferences)
  • All previous smilies are imported and work
  • Look/Feel Changes (Also Ongoing)
  • Multiquote Enabled (Quote multiple messages in 1 Reply)
  • Automatic Thread Thumbnails added (See Description below)
  • Banner Finds/Golden Threads Replacement In progress...
  • Likes/Likes Counter has been restored.
  • Thread prefixes have been adjusted and include Emoji's now.
Priority Issues
  1. Banner Finds System (In progress...)
  2. Fix Usergroups Banners & Upgrades (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Charter)
  3. Get old Menus going (The Hunt Starts Here, etc.)
  4. Get old Likes imported to new system

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.

Automatic Thread Thumbnails / Added 9/29/2021 @ 12:30pm
We've added the ability for the software to automatically add a thumbnail to the thread based on the attachments in the thread. By default it will choose the first image you upload. It replaces your avatar with the thumbnail on the thread list. When you are making your thread you can also select which thumbnail image to use, and after you post you can also update the thumbnail on the thread view page by clicking the image/your avatar and looking for the pencil/edit icon and clicking on it. More information is available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-thumbnail-by-addonslab.6265/

We can enable this for all forums, think we might put that up for a vote once people get a bit more used to it.

Golden Threads / Banner Finds
We are working on a new version of this since the old one will not work with this software. I've got some going and we'll be changing the appearance, features, etc... so it's a work in progress. You can see the "Golden Threads" on the Forum Index page for now. More info on the modification here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xtr-golden-threads.7891/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread