Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All they have to do is join and log in, you do not have to log out so you will be able to view the pictures any time at full size, it is the advantage of being a member.

I know you're super busy, I'm sure it's more than hectic.

But to put it simply, "a lot of people just aren't joiners"
They are still our comrades, still part of our community,
they just aren't "joiner-upers"
I'm 50/50 on the subject.

Try to read a news story on a news site,.... interesting story,...
then a large pop up blocks your view saying you have to join
their group to be able to,....... I look for the story else where.

I tried to buy two dead bolt locks keyed alike,...... company wanted me to join their "family", subscribe to their "newsletter",.......
I called and spoke to someone, they apologized, and sold me what I needed no strings attached.

Just lending some insight, on how some people just aren't joiners.
Not ebay, amazon, online post office, discussion groups, facebook,.........nothing.

"It isn't how alike we are that makes the world go around,.......
It's the differences,.... that's what keep things interesting"

Like I said, "just speaking up for the silent dirt diggers out there"

As for me,...... I'm indifferent.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But to put it simply, "a lot of people just aren't joiners"
They are still our comrades, still part of our community,
they just aren't "joiner-upers"
I'm 50/50 on the subject.

Hey @SanMan - This should be fixed now. You should be able to view images while browsing the site as a guest.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Random Chat Thread now free of the "quoted picture problem" with this new system ... ? ? ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Random Chat Thread now free of the "quoted picture problem" with this new system ... ? ? ?
Only way to know for sure is to go ahead and post, the picture issue was one of the many problems with the old software. I don't want to make promises I can't keep but i would post away.

Reactions: ARC

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey @SanMan - This should be fixed now. You should be able to view images while browsing the site as a guest.
@SanMan we would still suggest logging in to view the site because members see a cleaner, more feature-rich experience that we don't offer until you log in. The system should remember you so you really only need to do it once and I think you will like the viewing experience much more once logged in.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I am a creature of habit and do not like change; however, I have a feeling I am really going to like the updated site once I get used to it. Thanks for all your hard work. Few questions though, if I may. First, I was on the Banner board before the upgrade, which I think are now called Golden Threads. However, my profile shows no Golden Threads and my post is not highlighted with the other "recent" Golden Threads even though some of them were awarded before mine. Is this just a timing issue given the amount of programming you guys are doing? I am proud of my Banner and might never get another one, so I am hoping it is restored. Second, I see the aggregate likes are now in everyone's profile as a Reaction. However, are the likes for the individual posts prior to the upgrade now gone? For example, my Banner post had about 180 likes, now it has none. Lastly, will a persons profile shown on the left side of an individual post eventually show whether they had a Banner or Golden Thread? i oftentimes click on the Banners of people that respond to my posts and others. I apologize if these questions are premature or asked already, but I am curious. Thanks again for your hard work and efforts.
We are definitely working to bring these features back to the user profiles. We hope to have a solution soon. 🤞

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please give admins time, mods are constantly pointing things out to the admins we see and find to improve or replace what was on the old site and we are reporting the things members like, don't like and are requesting to add or change. Admins have been very receptive to our requests and concerns.

Upgrade is a work in progress and a vast improvement over the old website as far as problems, there were problems many members couldn't see, but admins and mods could..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are my saved PM's located :dontknow:
Also I do not see a way to pm other members.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are my saved PM's located :dontknow:
Also I do not see a way to pm other members.
Click on their profile picture and hit start conversation, that is PM. You can also hit the envelope at the top right side next to the alert bell, all your PMs are there, hit "show all" to see all PMs, you can also start a conversation (PM) from there too.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You , Working now :icon_thumleft:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible for the Thread Titles to be Bolder an in Black. They might be black but they look a Brown or Burgundy Color. Same thing for everyone's screen name. For me atleast it would make it easier to see and read quickly..

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible for the Thread Titles to be Bolder an in Black. They might be black but they look a Brown or Burgundy Color. Same thing for everyone's screen name. For me atleast it would make it easier to see and read quickly..

I've increased the font weight which should make the links bolder.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been here awhile.
Several years, to be exact.
I have a Personal Page.
The most "active" Personal Page.

I've seen several changes here over the years.
From ownership to "layout....."
---
I was posting on a thread when the system shut down.
I lost the entire post I was typing.
Thanks for the warning.

Many Friends here know that I am taking notes of the changes and have some Pros and Cons thus far.
The Cons outweigh the Pros.

But I'm sure that these items can be worked out in short order.

Give me a day or two and I'll outline my list.

Y'all Be Well!

Scott

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scott, buddy, there was a warning, it was posted on the home page at the top below the banner. It was then changed once site returned to live read and write. You probably missed it if you entered through desktop short cut that went direct to your page.

I also posted last week site would be upgraded some time this week.

"As you can probably tell we've made a major change and have updated to newer forum software. It is a work in progress, please be patient with us while we fix things up. We have created a thread here where we are discussing the need for the upgrade and other topics. Please click here to read it."

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scott, buddy, there was a warning, it was posted on the home page at the top below the banner. It was then changed once site returned to live read and write. You probably missed it if you entered through desktop short cut that went direct to your page.

I also posted last week site would be upgraded some time this week.

"As you can probably tell we've made a major change and have updated to newer forum software. It is a work in progress, please be patient with us while we fix things up. We have created a thread here where we are discussing the need for the upgrade and other topics. Please click here to read it."
Yeah, I guess I missed the warning...My Bad.
Just lost some deep philosophical thoughts.
No big deal.
I have them all of the time....

I'm am old Feller, and most of the old fellers I know don't cotton much to change.
But, we understand and try to keep up....
-----
And,
I'm really not fond of the new font.
Just look at the "I'm."
Looks like a lower case I, don't it?
If I take the time to Capitalize, punctuate and spell correctly,
Being an OCD type person on that subject that my Friends know of me,
Shouldn't my post be instantly recognized as proper and correct?
This font ain't cuttin' it in my book.....
Can a new font be put to a vote?
And, how does one change their font as they post?
-----
And now I digress.....

I used to "Hand-set" type in a print shop years ago.
I've known about "Fonts" for 40 years....
Ever hear of a "Mergenthaler Linotype Machine?"
Or a Heidelberg "Windmill" press?
Heading home at the end of your day,
with ink on your clothes....
The color that you hand mixed that day to match the Customer's requirements.
Offset press, letter press, or web press it doesn't matter...
I could start tomorrow printing with my skills learned.
But,
The more experiences one gains , the more one learns of life.

Certainly, I will learn new ways,
'Cause I ain't goin' nowhere!

OK.
You bring me to reply and I offer one of the "Pros" of the new setup from my notes.
IMHO.

Being one who is a scholar of Language, I LOVE the fact that as
I re-read past posts, I can now correct the grammatical and spelling errors of my past posts!

And, not seeing the "Likes," of a post by me, that I know were there confuses me.
And posts that I liked....
Do I have to like them again?
Do we ALL have to "Like" other's posts again?

I post my posts and you either like it or not.
I really don't care.
My Friends here know me and I know them.

We understand each other and we sometimes disagree,
The best Friends are found here,
And,
If we disagree,

Does it really matter?

We're still Friends!

Best,

Scott

Telephone line...

Anyone else remember using a "Crank" telephone line?

m82308963912_1.jpg

Yes, a diversion.
Pleasant, I hope....
My,
Haven't times changed....
A phone now has the whole world in the owner's hand.

How shall they play their hand?

Yeah, I'm old....
Wanna swap 78 rpms?
I got Big Band, Swing and Blues....

Perhaps when I figure this all out,
I'll return to posting informative and amusing posts in the threads on my Personal Page.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using old desk top shortcut? It is working for me.

Try this link..

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
suggestion - "Like" button changing color after being selected would be a real blessing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
suggestion - "Like" button changing color after being selected would be a real blessing.
? It shows your like at bottom of post when you hit like and you get a blue thumbs up by the like button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions