Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the alert bell is clicked... yes a "list of alerts" box appears ...
BUT... the alerts cannot be read due to the ads.
Both ... OR either ads block it....
Either the popups jump on top... OR the alert scroll box goes BEHIND the sidebar ads.
No matter... the ads dominate.

If you scroll to the top of the page the sidebar ad will not block the alerts. This only happens if you are at the bottom of the page. There will be a fix coming for this.

The ad layout is similar to the old site with the amount of ads displayed. The only difference is the side column is larger (300px vs 160px).

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The issue with the alerts menu being blocked by the sidebar ad has been fixed. 👍.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more additions just added....

• Push Notifications are now enabled/supported
  • Thread Info Block added at the top of every thread
  • TreasureNet Web App Setup - should show up within 24 hours

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed something a little strange In the Political discussion forum. Next to the "report" button there is also delete, edit and warn buttons under everyones posts. They are clickable so you could edit/warn/delete someone else's posts! While that could be a lot of fun, :laughing7: I think someone could cause a lot of problems.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This should now be fixed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks good.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
* Added "Who is viewing this thread" at the bottom:

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 1.38.41 PM.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The TreasureNet App showed up for me in my URL bar. It can take up to 24 hours to show up as your browser (mobile or desktop) doesn't check for the manifest file every refresh. I guess it only checks once in a while.

On mobile you might receive a pop up message asking if you want to install the app.

On the desktop, it's an icon in my URL (this is Chrome on Windows 10)....

tnet-webapp.jpg

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
The TreasureNet App showed up for me in my URL bar. It can take up to 24 hours to show up as your browser (mobile or desktop) doesn't check for the manifest file every refresh. I guess it only checks once in a while.

On mobile you might receive a pop up message asking if you want to install the app.

On the desktop, it's an icon in my URL (this is Chrome on Windows 10)....

View attachment 1983176

I get a pop up prompt on every page I visit now, asking me if I want to leave my browser and view content on the app. Every. Single. Page.

It won't go to a page without having to click yes or no first. No likee, frustrating. Don't want to install any app, just be able to view in my browser with an Ad Blocker. Is this going to be a permanent thing? I hope not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a pop up prompt on every page I visit now, asking me if I want to leave my browser and view content on the app. Every. Single. Page.

It won't go to a page without having to click yes or no first. No likee, frustrating. Don't want to install any app, just be able to view in my browser with an Ad Blocker. Is this going to be a permanent thing? I hope not.
What are you using to access website, are you on a pc or smart device? What app is it asking you to use?

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm using a smart phone. And it doesn't say what app, just "Do you want to open with another app"? Then asks " Do you want to leave your browser to view content on app?" right below it. You then have to click on yes or no.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Will change over to desktop and see if it does the same. Give me a sec......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is this on Desk top or on smart phone. It is not normal and not permanent.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Only does it on my smart phone, but when I just now logged in on desktop the pages were very slow to load, Very slow.

Browser on smart phone is Firefox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread