Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Hickory1

Apr 12, 2012
NE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello!

New to this site but not new to studying geology geared towards gold prospecting specifically. I am living in NE Wisconsin on about 5 acres which includes a gravel pit with a fresh water spring there...this really helps in not having to haul up the cliff my dirt.

My first "find" was me down there at the gravel pit letting my dogs swim before I left for work...the sun shining just right as I went to pick up another rock to throw in the spring produced a quartz rock with veins and pooling of bright gold! I took it immediately to a old Gold Miner who spent the majority of his life in Alaska and had set up a prospecting shop here in my town.....it was gold.

Health permitting I go down there and rock hound and pan, I have found gold, garnets, silver, copper, a meteor, and who knows what other gems I threw back...as I stated my interest is primarily in gold. A Kimberlite pipe is located and known for producing industrial diamonds only 18 miles from my property. I have to say that studying diamonds and identification is much harder than studying gold. I believe I have found some and await a day to go have them looked at.

A gravel pit is essentially a prospector or rock hounds' dream as I found out after finding my first piece from a Geologist. This spring and summer I plan to step up my prospecting. What other hobby can pay you back? It's more about the learning process and being outdoors that I seek or I certainly would have been more diligent in my prospecting....and my health is up and down daily. I will keep you all posted as I really spend more time in my search.

I hope to learn from you and hopefully I too can be of help in your quest for gold!

wylie coyote

Apr 16, 2012
nevada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi from God's Country...Nevada- a little east of Reno. We do a lot of off roading at the old ghost towns, and decided to start playing in the dirt as long as we were out there. Lots of interesting things out here. Recently picked up a GMT- just have to get used to using it. This seemed a good place to hook up with people with similar interests. Looks like a lot of info here- looking forward to chatting with you guys. Hopefully I can contribute.

tony41471

Apr 18, 2012
Union,New Jersey
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello everyone i'm new to this i'm from New Jersey looking to see if anyone has good places to go treasure hunting here went out on my yard to try my medal detector works pretty good but would like to go real treasure hunting so if anyone knows some good places in jersey please fill me in.

flydirty

Apr 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi my new friends,my girlfriend and i are from Maui Hawaii and we get totally pumped up for anything pertaining to treasure hunting and discovering old,rare and cool things!We look forward to sharing with you all and thank you for having this cool house (your site)to come home to and share the excitement with family members....Be back real soon gang,hang loose,take it easy and aloha--->flydirty

Dan Walsh

Apr 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to site, was stumbling and started reading, good posts. Live in WY, lots of signs around

Apr 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all new detector from Illinois. I am a truck driver with 31 yrs of service think i found my hobby when i retire also my wife enjoys it thanks RUSS

Violet

Apr 20, 2012
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to detecting from northern Illinois, near Elgin. I had always wanted a metal detector and finally got one for my birthday in March and I am OBSESSED! I only have a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, but I'm eager enough that just being on the hunt is worth it, even if I don't dig up anything valuable. I hope to upgrade once I learn more about this hobby and hopefully get some good finds after doing research. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, but also I would love to join people on hunts in my area and learn more, as well as help in hunting various area! Thanks for making this forum, I am really excited about the info I can learn and I hope to one day contribute to help others keep treasure hunting fun, safe and legal.

vetnm

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2012
chortiatis
Helloo, I am fnrom Greece.
My english is very bad. I read with google translate.
In the feature I try to write for Greeks trreasure hunting.
Thanks

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to treasure hunting. Just bought a White's M6. Find it very heavy, so my husband has been detecting and I've been digging. Works for us. Will be trying a "Slingy Thingy" to help with the weight. Also thinking of buying either a Garrett 350 or Fisher F2 as both weigh 2 pounds less than the M6. Live in southern New Hampshire. Going to try to go to the BONE show in Keene, NH next weekend. So far, like treasure hunting.

armyeod81

Greenie
Apr 21, 2012
fresno ca
Detector(s) used
mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi i just got in to the MDing and caught the coin fever bad!!!
Started with the bounty hunter 4 and moved up to a MXT.
I live in Fresno CA. and currently looking for places to hunt.

AS_in_MI

Apr 18, 2012
LP Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I'm new to MDing and the site. Currently residing in the Lansing, MI area but have been hunting on both sides of MI and northern Indiana. Just waiting for the school year to end so I can really feed my treasure hunger.

MisterGomez

Apr 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! newbie from CT. looking forward to start a new hobby with my 8 year old son. He's really big on treasure hunting and I think this is something he's going to really enjoy!

mike87

Greenie
Apr 26, 2012
aldergrove bc
Detector(s) used
at pro with pro pointer and for back up ace 250 with whites bullzeye 2 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
well im from official canadian metal detecting.com and been beeping since april 2011, im from aldergrove bc

jtm4360

Apr 27, 2012
Chicago
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, XLT, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to TNet not new to MD'ing. Great site with loads of intel, best wishes to all from Chicago......

mcb

May 6, 2012
Northeastern ohio
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro, Fisher F70, bounty hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I'm from Ohio and have been detecting for years. Despite research I'm still a pro at finding trash. I've detected mostly at beaches and private properties (with permission of course). I haven't really had anyone spark excitement like my own and join me or teach me how to be more efficient. Excited to pickup some new pointers and share experiences!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all. From michigan. Been around detecting quite a while,used to bottle hunt too. Been detecting more lately,also fish ,hunt ,shoot. Happy hunting to you all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread